First of the WW2 French!

Started by Leon, 25 May 2011, 02:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Another great batch of figures from Snafu, we're expecting a lot of interest in these! 

First up are three poses of riflemen.  I've included a back shot as well, to show all the detail on these:

We've also got a guy with LMG, and a platoon leader:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Shecky

Just when I thought I had my future 10mm projects reduced to LOA and FPW, now I have to add WWII French.

zaapark

Very nice  :D  I see some early war scenarios in my future  :P
chris

Le Manchou

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Which rifle, MAS-36 or Lebel ?

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

NTM

Very nice but why is the LMGunner kneeling and all the rest advancing?  :-\

hamsterking

From what I have read of French LMGs he is probable on his knees preying the f#**! thing will work.
But flippancy aside it is a sensible question.

snafu

1. easier to fire.
2. he's knackered.
3. easy to tell who has the lmg base....
4. cos i did him like that
8)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!

NTM

Quote from: snafu on 25 May 2011, 04:07:34 PM
1. easier to fire.
2. he's knackered.
3. easy to tell who has the lmg base....
4. cos i did him like that
8)

1. should be prone then
2. should be prone then
3. should be prone then
4. if he was prone I'd still be moaning he doesn't fit in with the others
:D ;)

snafu

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!

Luddite

Were the French involved in WWII?   :d
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

nikharwood

Oh buggrit - there goes more of my hard-earned  ;)

barbarian

Quote from: Luddite on 25 May 2011, 09:24:41 PM
Were the French involved in WWII?   :d

I guess my grand-father would appreciate this.
:'(

Cheers from France.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

maciek

Quote from: NTM on 25 May 2011, 08:37:30 AM
Very nice but why is the LMGunner kneeling and all the rest advancing?  :-\
:-bd :-bd :-bd
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

hamsterking

Well here's my list of French involvements in WW2:

a) In Norway in 1940
b) In France in 1940 against the Germans; and less well known; the Italians
c) Vichy French forces fought against the Allies in Syria in 1941. The Allies included some Free French units.
d) Free French forces fought in the Western Desert-most famously defending Bir Hacheim in 1942
e) Vichy French briefly fought the invading Allies following the Torch landings in North Africa
f) French forces played an important but usually under-remarked part on the Allies side in the Tunisian campaign in 1942-43. As far as I can tell these were mainly drawn from the French garrison in North Africa and French troops were responsible for a mounted Cavalry charge during this campaign.
g) In the Italian campaign the French were heavilly involved with Moroccan Goums playing an important role in some of the battles in the Italian mountains.
h) In the NE Europe campaign with very sizeable French Forces fighting with the Allies, notably in the campaign in Southern France following Operation Dragoon.
i) Some operations in Dakar and Gabon against the British
j) Some operations in Madagascar against the Allies
k) Franco-Thai War of 1940-41 (though I'm not sure you'd really count it as part of WW2)

And of course, though I will say this only once,  the French Resistance.

There may be some other actions I've missed and I haven't listed some importantpurely Naval events involving the French. So it's not like the French weren't heavilly involved in WW2.