Chaffe

Started by agtfos, 23 May 2011, 10:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agtfos

Please. I have 3 Minifigs ones. they are too chunky and the tracks are out of proportion.

This is a great little tank, a late war runabout,  used a lot in South America post war (even had a 90mm gun on some), works for Korea and India Pakistan.

Leon

I think one of these is on a workbench somewhere, but I'll have to check on progress...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

To be pedantic, its "Chaffee". Since the interwar period seems popular you could mod the M3 Stuart with 2 turrets, as an early M2.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Jim Ando

Used in french Indo china too.

I`m sure chaffe is what tight trousers do not an american light tank .

Jim

Raider4

Quote from: ianrs54 on 24 May 2011, 09:15:17 AM
Since the interwar period seems popular you could mod the M3 Stuart with 2 turrets, as an early M2.
Ohh, yes please. You'll need to adjust the rear wheel as well mind.

Cheers, Martyn
--

Hertsblue

Quote from: ianrs54 on 24 May 2011, 09:15:17 AM
To be pedantic, its "Chaffee". 

IanS

Only in British service, though. Named for General A.R. Chaffee, founder of the U.S. armoured forces.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Admittedly not much use by the US Army, but by 44 the US was naming vehicles, I suspect that even they were getting confused with the M numbers..

IanS  :-* :-*

Hertsblue

Yeah, I couldn't see why the Yanks wouldn't use the name of their own general.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

No news on this one, but I've added the votes to the Requests lists.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

Pretty sure I saw one of these in Bosnia back in the 90s, in a storage yard at the side of the road between Mostar and Sarajevo. Along with a couple of very odd home made armoured "cars".

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Chaffes did last into the 80's in Europe, 90's in South Africa, and Yougoslavia did get some, so quite feasable.

IanS

NTM

Also required for any 'Hollywood' type games, give us M47 Pattons and you've got everything you need to recreate The Battle of the Bulge although you may have to remove part of the turret and add a Telly Savalas commander on one.

republic of tolworth

I'm interested in a few of these as well, for my 'bush wars' battles.

If a centurion can accidently get done as well :D ;D ;D :-*
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

The Chaffee should also be in the Indo-China range - the major French tank from 51-2.

IanS

Gandalf

Quote from: ianrs54 on 12 June 2011, 12:03:33 PM
The Chaffee should also be in the Indo-China range - the major French tank from 51-2.

Lack of a Chaffee model is a problem if you want to refight Dien Bien Phu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3673211.stm
Have you seen the rivets on that?