How many years in 10mm?

Started by Arsenus, 22 May 2011, 06:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

Early 90s with Chariot ACW, as it was the cheapest way to get A F&F army together.  Am now rebasing and bulking out with Pendraken.  Then I was an early adopter of WMF. Also 1:200 Skytrex, think that was 2001, though I wish I'd discovered you first

Keep saying I will sell the 6mm Napoleonics to fund the 10mm Napoleonics.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

sixsideddice

Been playing wargames since the late 1960`s (as a kid), and started painting them in the late 1970`s.

However, started playing and painting 10mm figures when I first discovered Pendraken Miniatures Sci-Fi Aliens and Marines about five years ago. Now I play and paint pretty much exclusively in 10mm. The only 28mm still vividly holds my interest is Pulp and Victorian gaming.

Six  :) 

NTM

Quote from: NTM on 23 May 2011, 01:04:04 PM
Don't recall exactly but had the 1812 Napoleonics in 2004 as I posted a short review on the GdB website then. Cannot remember if I bought Napoleonics or WWII first so may be a little earlier.

Found some posts of mine on TMP which confirm I had Pendraken WWII in 2003!

Leman

My first figures in 10mm were Wargames South Franco-Prussians some time in the early 90s. For some reason, which now eludes me, I sold these to a friend of mine, so I still get to play games with them from time to time. They were nice figures but not to the standard of the current standard of the present Pendraken figures. I have fond memories of two figures in particular - the Kneeling French infantryman firing a la coffee mill and the Prussian infantryman 'going to ground'. Since those days I have expanded my interest into the Seven Years War and late medieval figures for Italy of 1480s/1490s. Currently beckoning is 1866, which I have already started, and Schleswig-Holstein 1848. Am also perversely tempted by 1914 Belgians!
DP
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Bernie

Hi

About a dozen years in 10mm now

Before that had wargamed solely in 6mm as like the terrain to be a background feature and always wanted to do army level games. The 10mm attraction were many and varied but from a few feet away their shapes are far more distinctive than 6mm.

First 10mm ranges we did were Keith Warren's Boer War and my Soudan. This quickly attracted us both into Franco-Prussian War, 1866, English Civil War etc etc

Amazed at the quality of the latest ranges such as the Spanish Civil War and more than tempted to do some games using the League of Augsburg figures which are the best yet