jchaos gallery

Started by jchaos79, 27 March 2010, 01:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchaos79

And here we go, I am starting a Turk army (a sweet moment), my first miniproject and my first unit

Project: Ottoman turks, the empire of the half moon

Unit: 1st light cavalry, Balcan horse archers

This light infantry from the balcans first fought against the turks, and later they fought with the turks when their lords became vassal of the sultan. For the turks they are Rumeli Akincis.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Hertsblue

Very nice too, JC. What era will your Turks be from - bearing in mind that the army could be from any time from the 1400s up to the early 1700s?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leman

Like those. they have a nice lived-in look to the finish.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

jchaos79

Quote from: Hertsblue on 20 December 2014, 11:14:17 AM
Very nice too, JC. What era will your Turks be from - bearing in mind that the army could be from any time from the 1400s up to the early 1700s?

Thanks Hertsblue, I have in mind play (in solo mode) the campaign of Vlad the Impaler (GW historic supplement) , so the army will be for 1462. Maybe a little modification in some scenarios making Vlad a real vampire  :d with a fun houserule or something. But I expect to play it in the future because I need to build first the armies needed.

jchaos79

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 20 December 2014, 11:37:17 AM
Like those. they have a nice lived-in look to the finish.

Thanks, the pitty is that my Marabou Mattlock varnish is almost finished and the last material is thick and gives a coarse coat and little gloss aspect. Before the varnish the colors where more pastel or reals colors.

But I learned some time ago, that I prefere loose some slight tones with the varnish than have chips in my miniatures during a game or the transport. So I am happy :)

jchaos79

Project: Dux Bellorum, Umeya Warrior

Unit: Warrior from Al-Andalus

Brave infantry warriors. They are lightly equipped to stand in a line of battle.

Leman

Get 'em young. That's the way to do it. (apologies to Mr.Punch)
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

Awww, good stuff :)

I don't think I could let my wee one paint mini's, she's only just at the "stick the paint, brush, figure in mouth" stage still :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: toxicpixie on 13 February 2015, 03:59:43 PM
Awww, good stuff :)

I don't think I could let my wee one paint mini's, she's only just at the "stick the paint, brush, figure in mouth" stage still :D

Could generate interesting effects though ??

IanS  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

Quote from: ianrs54 on 13 February 2015, 04:16:40 PM
Could generate interesting effects though ??

IanS  :D

If by interesting effects you mean "every figure looks like a GW CHAOS MUTANT WITH SPIKEY BITS" as painted by my early teenage self (MOAR COLOUR! SHADING? LINING? WHAT DAT? MOAR PAINT!) then I guess :D

And then I'd be beaten to death by my other half for letting the wee one chew spikey metal and drink potentially ungood paint...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Brilliant !!
Cheers - Phil