My WIP(s)

Started by capthugeca, 13 May 2011, 03:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capthugeca

Here's the start of what I hope will be my Lovecraftian many eyed and tentacled oozie creature:-

I've got thoughts for a biped creature as well but haven't started on that yet... well, did but it was a bit of a disaster from the start so will try again. It's not as easy as it looks, is it!  :D

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Leon

That's an intriguing start...  :D, looking forward to seeing this progress!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Interesting start, I haven't one iota of enough skill to enter this one...
Good vintage on the wine too!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

capthugeca

Quote from: mad lemmey on 13 May 2011, 04:11:31 PM
Interesting start, I haven't one iota of enough skill to enter this one...
Good vintage on the wine too!

Neither have I, lemmy, so go on - give it a go!
No idea about the wine other than the fact that I had to drink several bottles before I  found one with a proper cork rather than the artificial kinds. Hic!  :-&

Techno

14 May 2011, 08:54:04 AM #4 Last Edit: 14 May 2011, 08:55:39 AM by Techno
Quote from: capthugeca on 13 May 2011, 03:41:09 PM

I've got thoughts for a biped creature as well but haven't started on that yet... well, did but it was a bit of a disaster from the start so will try again. It's not as easy as it looks, is it!  :D

Disaster ???.....I'm trying to put together a step by step photo guide of making a 'beastie' to hopefully give everyone a little bit of help.
At the moment that's going spectacularly wrong ! (Says someone who's supposed to know what he's doing.....HAH !!)
I should have had a far better (and proper) idea of what I was aiming for before I started.....rather than just making it up as I went along.
Such is life.....

If Leon wants to post up the pics I've sent so far.....We can all 'pull it apart' together !

Cheers - Phil.

Germy

Quote from: capthugeca on 13 May 2011, 03:41:09 PM
many eyed and tentacled oozie creature
What every Dungeon needs, looking forward to seeing progress  :D

capthugeca

Quote from: Germy on 14 May 2011, 09:56:51 AM
What every Dungeon needs, looking forward to seeing progress  :D

Yes, and hopefully he'll sufficiantly 'gribbly' for my pulp games too.  :d
He's now got two eyes:-

Techno

I know this is going to sound rather daft....But this sculpt has definitely 'got legs...'It's definitely working !
Really looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers - Phil.

capthugeca

14 May 2011, 11:57:56 AM #8 Last Edit: 14 May 2011, 12:17:55 PM by capthugeca
Quote from: Techno on 14 May 2011, 10:52:39 AM
I know this is going to sound rather daft....But this sculpt has definitely 'got legs...'It's definitely working !
Really looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers - Phil.

Thanks, Phil. Hasn't even got tentacles yet!  
[Well, I had to say it, didn't I.   :) ]

BTW thanks for the encouragement about your 'disaster'. It's good to know that someone who knows what he is doing still has wrong moments.  :D

Techno

Wrong moments ?
Wrong days (at least) from time to time.....I blame it on age !

When Leon posts the pics of my stage by stage 'thingy'....I'll go through why I think it's not working at the moment...Maybe it never will, without some really drastic 'surgery' !
'Parts' of the figure....I'm not too displeased with.....BUT.. it just isn't hanging together overall to make a 'zippy' model...

Mine's having a tentacle too !.....But only the one though.

Cheers - Phil.

capthugeca

Quote from: Techno on 14 May 2011, 01:49:42 PM
BUT.. it just isn't hanging together overall to make a 'zippy' model...

I'm not sure "Rainbow" would be right in a dungeon any way - though I used to find Geoffrey a bit scary!  ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I think a photo montage with aminations would be even scarier, a growing blob!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

What ?.....Like 'Morph'.....
Never could understand a word he said tho' .

Cheers - Phil.

Maenoferren

Really looking good  :-bd :D :D :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Leon

15 May 2011, 01:12:09 AM #14 Last Edit: 15 May 2011, 02:32:44 AM by Leon
Quote from: Maenoferren on 14 May 2011, 11:23:35 PM
Really looking good  :-bd :D :D :D

Yep!  It's actually really cool to see folk come up with ideas that are different to anything we've already got in the Dungeon range.

EDIT:  I've put Phil's pics up now: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2857.0
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!