Scale

Started by geoffb, 12 May 2011, 03:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffb

I'm very interested in having a go at this (just bought some new greenstuff) butI don't have any of the fantasy figures to scale against -but plenty of WW2.
Are the fantasy figures the same size as the WW2?
Otherwise I do have some Warmaster 'characters' (empire/  :d orcs) - would they be a better comparison?

barbarian

As you're going to make a monster, I'll just say, do how you prefer !!
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

The Fantasy ranges are all bigger than our WW2, probably more like 12mm.  The Dungeon Monsters themselves vary a great deal, from very small Grubs, on 8mm diameter bases, upto the bigger Giant Worm or Oracle which are somewhere around 25mm long/high.

As Barbarian says, as long as it suits the Dungeon environment it's fine!   :-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

O Dinas Powys

12 May 2011, 03:59:00 PM #3 Last Edit: 12 May 2011, 05:10:49 PM by O Dinas Powys
Haven't got any WWII, but have got some of the medieval/ancient stuff.

As Leon wrote, the fantasy range are slightly larger so they tend to dwarf the historical stuff a bit, probably about a head larger on average.  This is the best picture I could find with a quick search.  The skeleton far left is Pendraken fantasy, whilst the wizard is from ARL18 Late Roman Personalities.  (From http://aportodos.mforos.com/1354550/7782193-10mm-pendraken-vs-kallistra/ )

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

geoffb

Thanks for that - I did want to know how big the adventurers are as the monsters need to scale to them.
No point in having a a hill giant that looks like a circus midget!  ;D

Cheers

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: geoffb on 12 May 2011, 04:11:17 PM
No point in having a a hill giant that looks like a circus midget!  ;D

Definitely!

In terms of relative sizes, if you consider the historicals to be 5', the fantasy figures look about 6' with some - like the dark elf and amazon heroes I've got - being closer to 7'!

Can't find a photo with both the giant (AC1) and an adventurer, but I'd say it's close to 35mm of the top of my head (the walls are 25mm high)

Game over heroes. Game over. by cyril F, on Flickr
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )