Napoleonic 1809 French Figures

Started by quasar42, 06 May 2011, 08:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasar42

Hi,

The figures of the new 1809 Nap range that are already out are beautiful and the list of planned additions is impressive. Nevertheless, I could not resist suggesting a few additions - in order of priority:

- Charging cavalry: Similar charging poses as for the hussars also for the other cavalry troops. The charging hussar pose is fantastically dynamic. It would be a pity not to have similar poses for the other cavalry.

- Elite companies for hussars and chasseurs.

- A loading figure for firing infantry.

- Causalities, including marching line infantry that are hit.

Hertsblue

Quote from: quasar42 on 06 May 2011, 08:02:54 PM
Hi,

- Charging cavalry: Similar charging poses as for the hussars also for the other cavalry troops. The charging hussar pose is fantastically dynamic. It would be a pity not to have similar poses for the other cavalry.

May I endorse that thought. My 1866 Prussian reserve cavalry brigade consists of a cuirassier regiment and two regiments of uhlans (as it did in fact). The cuirassiers are charging hell-for-leather whereas the uhlans are barely trotting. Both poses are excellent in their way, but they don't go together.

Please don't make the same mistake with the Naps! ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

I can't see this one being much of a priority, as they've already been done.  The thing is that we had complaints over using the same horse pose, so we made sure to use different ones!

Not sure, we'd have to see what gaps are left when we're done.

- A loading figure for firing infantry.

We had this, but it wasn't quite accurate, so we've not replaced it yet.

I'd assume that these will be done, but I doubt we'd be looking for infantry in the middle of being shot!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

quasar42

Quote from: Leon on 07 June 2011, 04:05:48 AM
I can't see this one being much of a priority, as they've already been done.  The thing is that we had complaints over using the same horse pose, so we made sure to use different ones!

Thank you for the feed-back. As to charging cavalry. The charging hussars are fantastic and it would be a real shame not to have similar poses for other cavalry. Think about the curasiers of General Espagne charging at Aspern. I am not sure why similar poses across different cavalry types would be a problem as long as there is some variety.

Leon

Quote from: quasar42 on 07 June 2011, 10:13:57 AM
I am not sure why similar poses across different cavalry types would be a problem as long as there is some variety.

It's purely dependent on the dollies we've got available, and making similar but slightly different poses would require new dollies.  The cavalry types which have already been done wouldn't be done again in more dynamic poses, as that would set off a whole new pile of requests for all our other ranges to be redone in different poses.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

quasar42

I understand the constraints and appreciate the information. It just seems to me that for the Napoleonic wars charging cavalry is highly iconic: Lasalle's infernal brigade, Muart at Heilsberg, the Scotts Greys at Waterloo, the Carabiniers against the Austrian curasiers at Wagram. I would therefore hope that the door is not entirely shot for some more charging poses at some point in the future.

Leon

Quote from: quasar42 on 16 June 2011, 08:28:43 AM
I understand the constraints and appreciate the information. It just seems to me that for the Napoleonic wars charging cavalry is highly iconic: Lasalle's infernal brigade, Muart at Heilsberg, the Scotts Greys at Waterloo, the Carabiniers against the Austrian curasiers at Wagram. I would therefore hope that the door is not entirely shot for some more charging poses at some point in the future.

Don't know is the best answer unfortunately.  We'll always look at Requests, but there'd need to be a lot of votes for it to show up on the radar.  

Rob

Hi,

Can I add my vote for these please.  :)

Elite companies were part of the organisation for French Hussars, Chasseurs a Cheval and Dragoons. Therefore as a company is half of a squadron you should theoretically only have a few on base mixed with a line company/s. If they are added to the range later when you are looking for gaps it will mean people who already have the figures based and painted will have to rebase.

The Carabiniers will do for the dragoon elite companies.

Can you also consider a Mamalouk figure/s when you are ready to release the Chassurs a Cheval of the Guard as the same applies to them.

It would be great to get a series of "markers" such as casualties to enable the marking of a unit/brigades state. The sort of thing I am thinking of would be casualties for hits, a soldier supporting a wounded comrade for say exhaustion or rout etc.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff494/rob-field/wargame%20photos/Uniform%20Illustrations/cavalry_headwears.gif

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff494/rob-field/wargame%20photos/Uniform%20Illustrations/2ndHussars2.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff494/rob-field/wargame%20photos/Uniform%20Illustrations/1812dn2.gif

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff494/rob-field/wargame%20photos/Uniform%20Illustrations/MamelouksGardeEM.png

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff494/rob-field/wargame%20photos/Uniform%20Illustrations/1812cha1b.gif

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff494/rob-field/wargame%20photos/Uniform%20Illustrations/3rdHussars2.jpg

Cheers, Rob

Robert Capa

One more vote for cavalry charging poses. I personally don't care about the horse but those chasseurs, cuirassiers and dragoons don't inspire a good charge (although the cast is amazing). Please!

Robert Capa

Peritas

Ben Waterhouse

Peritas

Leon

Votes for charging types added, but I couldn't see them being done until we'd got a lot further along with the Nap ranges.