September Releases

Started by Leon, 01 September 2011, 03:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Well, here's the bad news folks.  We've had a problem with our rubber supplier for a couple of weeks now, which has meant that we can't mould anything up at all.  

Apparently, the manufacturer of the rubber was bought out by a bigger company, who have decided that there is more money to be made in making tyres... who knew?  The only way they'd keep producing the discs for us was if they doubled the price!   :o  So, as a result, our supplier has had to find a new source, which has been done, and he's just waiting on the first shipment to come in.  As soon as they arrive, we're all good to go!

We are considering doing a mid-September release, but with shows over the next 2 weekends, we'll have to see how much time we get for moulding stuff.  I will keep you posted along the way, and I'll try and get some new masters pics up asap so you've got something nice to look at (or you could just head here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1714.0   :D )
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Alan

This has got to be God playing tricks on me! I work for a mining tyre company and we are working flat out. I even got a bonus. And now I have nothing new to spend it on. Because we've been buying every spare bit of rubber in the world! There is a global rubber shortage just around the corner, so if you have an interest (cough cough) in rubber, now is the time to buy, erm.... whatever it is.

Techno

Right then.
Who's going to correct a (probable) misconception I've had for YEARS !
I'd always assumed that moulds, for casting models etc, were made from recycled rubber....I mean... where do old tyres go when they're no use any more ?

Was I wrong ?....And moulds are made from virgin rubber ?....I think we should be told !

Cheers - Phil.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 01 September 2011, 09:15:44 AM
Who's going to correct a (probable) misconception I've had for YEARS !
I'd always assumed that moulds, for casting models etc, were made from recycled rubber....I mean... where do old tyres go when they're no use any more ?

I've no idea, that's what he told us when we spoke to him.  On the plus side, a nice shiny box of new mould rubbers arrived today, a lot sooner than we were expecting them.  We've got Border Reivers this Saturday, and Colours the weekend after, but after those two we should have a bit of spare time to knock up a nice collection of new stuff!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Nightmare - good to know you're back on track though  :)

Blaker