WW1 MG

Started by Bertie, 25 April 2011, 04:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bertie

I noticed Trencher asked for unmanned guns.

Well, I think a weapon being carried by a team would be great, one carrying the gun another the tripod and water can and a third lugging a couple on ammo boxes. This would be ideal for keeping track if guns are eligible to fire whilst on the move over no mans land.

Just a thought :-\

Leon

Hmm, I'll pop that one on the lists and see if it gets much interest.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

And WWII ones as well, half my 20mm US MG's are on the move, it adds variety.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

DanJ

Just seen this, I'd buy a couple of dozen British, French and German

Hertsblue

The German Maxim 05 was generally carried like a stretcher (or dragged by attaching shoulder-belts) as it had four legs in a sort of "sledge" arrangement. In fact the British refrained from firing at the MG teams originally because they thought they actually were stretcher-bearers.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Bertie

No problem for the Germans, two figures lugging the gun, with one carrying the ammo. This could also double up as the unmanned weapon Trencher asked for.

Leon,

I am sure I have seen a US WW2 figure with a .30 cal over his shoulder :-\ Recent addition?

Bertie.

Leon

Quote from: Bertie on 27 March 2012, 08:31:18 PM
I am sure I have seen a US WW2 figure with a .30 cal over his shoulder :-\ Recent addition?

Yep, it was one of the new sculpts Snafu did back in February.  They've not been moulded yet, so no idea when they'll be making it into production.

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4624.0.html
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Martyn

Great. Keep the WW1 stuff coming. I'll certainly buy.

Martyn