F5 - WW1 French Armoured Truck?

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 20 April 2011, 11:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

Does anybody have a picture or can write a thumbnail description of this truck, is it the Renault Autoblindee 1 eme 1914 APC. Here is a picture of a 20mm version of this truck:-

Thanks for any info.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

Thanks Leon for the clarification. It's not what I thought but then again it does look attractively ugly  ;D ;D ;D.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

hamsterking

If you go to the France : Other Vehicles section of the Tanks website http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/ you will find a number of pictures of different French vehicles that look broadly similar to this. The only thing is that most, if not all, are Armoured cars mounting machine guns rather the Armoured Trucks/APCs .

streetgang

I picked up this rather ungainly looking vehicle (nice sculpt however), I did some research on it. Apparently they were used by the Spanish in the Rif War. I'm not sure if the French actually used any variants themselves...

I was hoping to find an acceptable early war armored car that looked similar to the French Peugeot model 1914.
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Panzer-Kalle

Leman

Love the idea of an armoured car on bicycle wheels!  :)
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Panzer-Kalle

12 July 2017, 06:47:00 PM #7 Last Edit: 12 July 2017, 07:01:09 PM by Panzer-Kalle
 ;D

heavy armoured?

Like a 1923 german  Reichswehr faketank!

streetgang

I'm guessing the white armored car would be the closest proxy to the Peugeot? It would take some heavy conversions to make it look similar, but could be done.
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!