Started by nikharwood, 10 April 2011, 11:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

I want my...mummy...

Ghosts:

Ghouls:

Evil Mysticals [or possibly wise elders etc]:

Maenoferren

Looking good Nik.... do you think the ghouls would work for Reavers? I am after some figs for them and just saw yours and thought hmmmmm :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Steve J

I simply love that mummy figure. Absolutely brilliant 8)! I really want to get back into some form of fantasy skirmish in 10mm having seen this. Lets hope I make some good money at the Lincombe barn table top sale in just under a month.

Great idea for the Ghosts as well by the way.

nikharwood

10 April 2011, 08:26:53 PM #3 Last Edit: 10 April 2011, 11:50:05 PM by nikharwood
Quote from: Maenoferren on 10 April 2011, 03:39:06 PM
Looking good Nik.... do you think the ghouls would work for Reavers? I am after some figs for them and just saw yours and thought hmmmmm :D

Oh - good shout  8) Yep - I think they would - I've deliberately painted these to look indistinct, but they are nicely detailed - hideous faces, hair - they've got clubs...with a Reaver paint job these would look coolio...I think I've still got some - might have to paint them up to see how they turn out. The large one is the Troll from the Dungeon starter set BTW.

Quote from: Steve J on 10 April 2011, 04:28:27 PM
I simply love that mummy figure. Absolutely brilliant 8)! I really want to get back into some form of fantasy skirmish in 10mm having seen this. Lets hope I make some good money at the Lincombe barn table top sale in just under a month.

Great idea for the Ghosts as well by the way.

Thanks Steve - I'm going to get another mummy I think & remove the crucifix & teddy [which I've painted as a golden idol - it's not very clear in these pics]...and also get some of the smaller ones [FU 12]; I'm sure you'll unload some stuff at LB - and then you can get some 10mm niceness!

Ghosts were prompted by the Strange Aeons free download supplements - and, thinking that the setting for Cthulhu is predominantly the Eastern Seaboard, I thought that some suitably 18th century ghosts wouls be coolio...might get some of the SYW Civilians as well for this...

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Quote from: Leon on 10 April 2011, 11:43:39 PM
Those ghosts are awesome!

Trust you to like the ones that I took 20 minutes thinking about & 90 seconds painting  :d

Like this:
Black
Black + White 70:30
Black + White 50:50
Black + White 30:70
White
Wash: Thinned black paint

Job done  :)

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 10 April 2011, 11:54:32 PM
Trust you to like the ones that I took 20 minutes thinking about & 90 seconds painting  :d

:D

I like things that are a bit different, that I haven't seen attempted on our figures before.   8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!