Expanding Sci-fi range

Started by blacksmith, 06 April 2011, 09:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksmith

I'd like to see more variety in 10 mm like there is now in 15 mm.
A couple more "races", some more human variants, some vehicles (APCs, Tanks, hovers, artillery, etc.) and also one or two small star ships.
I'm doing Sci-fi in 15mm just because there is not enough stuff in 10 mm to make armies.

Leon

Some more vehicles would be cool.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Maenoferren

can I have some like this please, pretty please with Sugar on :) oh they have some vehicles too :D :D :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

nikharwood

It would be great to see some more sci-fi - stuff that's in-keeping with some of the contemporary settings / visions etc...

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

I know...I just wish I had the skills / time / skills!

Maenoferren

Squirrel

Quote from: blacksmith on 06 April 2011, 09:32:01 PM
and also one or two small star ships.

I'm curious ..... what sort of size would people expect to see a "small Spaceship" to suit 10mm, and what would be practicle from Dave and Leon's point of view for a sellable product?

Cheers,

Kev

Maenoferren

Just looking at my maps  of what I have  here for the firefly game - even the small ones are huge, and if made they would need to be resin I would think.  UNless , of course, they are made a different scale :D

blacksmith

Quote from: Squirrel on 07 April 2011, 07:45:12 AM
I'm curious ..... what sort of size would people expect to see a "small Spaceship" to suit 10mm, and what would be practicle from Dave and Leon's point of view for a sellable product?

Cheers,

Kev
Star ships for adventurers (5 crew or so) or for military planetary quick insertion ala Aliens or Starship troopers. Starships that can land anywhere, like any chopper would do and of similar size too.

Squirrel

Quote from: Maenoferren on 07 April 2011, 09:45:18 AM
Just looking at my maps  of what I have  here for the firefly game - even the small ones are huge, and if made they would need to be resin I would think.  UNless , of course, they are made a different scale :D

That's what I was kind of thinking :-\

Cheers,

Kev

Squirrel

Quote from: blacksmith on 07 April 2011, 11:40:39 AM
Star ships for adventurers (5 crew or so) or for military planetary quick insertion ala Aliens or Starship troopers. Starships that can land anywhere, like any chopper would do and of similar size too.

So ..... dropships, small planetary transports that have space capability etc, rather than ships capable of prolonged space travel. Would still be big enough to warrant resin I suspect.

Cheers,

Kev

Leon

07 April 2011, 02:03:29 PM #12 Last Edit: 07 April 2011, 04:13:07 PM by Leon
Yeah, the problem with ships is that the size will warrant resin moulding, and we don't currently have the means to produce completely 3D resin items, we always need a base on them to provide a pouring point.

Kassad

A pair of new aliens races could be a wonderfull thing!! Also human in massive power armour could be nice.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Maenoferren

Quote from: Leon on 07 April 2011, 02:03:29 PM
Yeah, the problem with ships is that the size will warrant resin moulding, and we don't currently have the means to produce completely 3D resin items, we always need a base on them to provide a pouring point.

I suppose multipart  craft would be a way forward. a boxy kind of a craft which would give the flat pour surface on one end allowing bow and stern parts to be cast separately etc?