Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
31 October 2020, 10:38:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The revamped Feudal Japanese have been released!
309177 Posts in 17979 Topics by 2268 Members
Latest Member: tony6655
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  Fantasy/Sci-Fi Requests
| | | |-+  Expanding Sci-fi range
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expanding Sci-fi range  (Read 5753 times)
blacksmith
Second Lieutenant

« on: 06 April 2011, 09:32:01 PM »

I'd like to see more variety in 10 mm like there is now in 15 mm.
A couple more "races", some more human variants, some vehicles (APCs, Tanks, hovers, artillery, etc.) and also one or two small star ships.
I'm doing Sci-fi in 15mm just because there is not enough stuff in 10 mm to make armies.
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2011, 09:39:16 PM »

Some more vehicles would be cool.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Maenoferren
Brigadier

« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2011, 09:56:09 PM »

can I have some like this please, pretty please with Sugar on Smiley oh they have some vehicles too Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!
nikharwood
General

« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2011, 10:51:34 PM »

It would be great to see some more sci-fi - stuff that's in-keeping with some of the contemporary settings / visions etc...

Leon
Viscount

« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2011, 10:53:45 PM »

More designers required!

www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
nikharwood
General

« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2011, 11:02:46 PM »

I know...I just wish I had the skills / time / skills!

Maenoferren
Brigadier

« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2011, 11:51:04 PM »

I know...I just wish I had the skills / time / skills!
Ditto Cheesy

Squirrel
Major

« Reply #7 on: 07 April 2011, 07:45:12 AM »

and also one or two small star ships.

I'm curious ..... what sort of size would people expect to see a "small Spaceship" to suit 10mm, and what would be practicle from Dave and Leon's point of view for a sellable product?

Cheers,

Kev
Maenoferren
Brigadier

« Reply #8 on: 07 April 2011, 09:45:18 AM »

Just looking at my maps  of what I have  here for the firefly game - even the small ones are huge, and if made they would need to be resin I would think.  UNless , of course, they are made a different scale Cheesy

blacksmith
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: 07 April 2011, 11:40:39 AM »

I'm curious ..... what sort of size would people expect to see a "small Spaceship" to suit 10mm, and what would be practicle from Dave and Leon's point of view for a sellable product?

Cheers,

Kev
Star ships for adventurers (5 crew or so) or for military planetary quick insertion ala Aliens or Starship troopers. Starships that can land anywhere, like any chopper would do and of similar size too.
Squirrel
Major

« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2011, 01:01:05 PM »

Just looking at my maps  of what I have  here for the firefly game - even the small ones are huge, and if made they would need to be resin I would think.  UNless , of course, they are made a different scale Cheesy

That's what I was kind of thinking Undecided

Cheers,

Kev
Squirrel
Major

« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2011, 01:03:43 PM »

Star ships for adventurers (5 crew or so) or for military planetary quick insertion ala Aliens or Starship troopers. Starships that can land anywhere, like any chopper would do and of similar size too.

So ..... dropships, small planetary transports that have space capability etc, rather than ships capable of prolonged space travel. Would still be big enough to warrant resin I suspect.

Cheers,

Kev
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #12 on: 07 April 2011, 02:03:29 PM »

Yeah, the problem with ships is that the size will warrant resin moulding, and we don't currently have the means to produce completely 3D resin items, we always need a base on them to provide a pouring point.
« Last Edit: 07 April 2011, 04:13:07 PM by Leon » Logged

Kassad
Captain

« Reply #13 on: 07 April 2011, 03:55:38 PM »

A pair of new aliens races could be a wonderfull thing!! Also human in massive power armour could be nice.

2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Maenoferren
Brigadier

« Reply #14 on: 07 April 2011, 04:23:22 PM »

Yeah, the problem with ships is that the size will warrant resin moulding, and we don't currently have the means to produce completely 3D resin items, we always need a base on them to provide a pouring point.

I suppose multipart  craft would be a way forward. a boxy kind of a craft which would give the flat pour surface on one end allowing bow and stern parts to be cast separately etc?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: