Fuel through the roof!!

Started by Luddite, 23 March 2010, 10:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luddite

Just paid £1.18 / litre* for unleaded fuel at the pump.

And tomorrow the budget will probably add another 5p to the price...

:o   :o   :o

* For our American cousins that's roughly $8 / gallon
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

We went past one on the way to the WMMS show which was £1.26 a litre!  It's ridiculous at the moment, and they'll no doubt stick another couple of pence on it tomorrow.  Bout time we had another petrol strike methinks!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Gunhit

Yeah, but you still get gits zooming down the motorway at 90mph+ (me brother being one)  >:(

Adrian

Jase

Long live public transport 8)

Well, not really actually. Delays of up to 60 minutes are relatively common here in Holland. At least the price of a train ticket is stable from day to day.
Exitus Acta Probat

Last Hussar

Why I insisted the new car was a diesel.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Luddite

Quote from: Last Hussar on 12 April 2010, 10:57:51 PM
Why I insisted the new car was a diesel.

Why?

Deisel's more expensive than unleaded!

:o
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

lentulus

As much as I love to visit the UK, and might even like to work there for a year or two, I am very glad I live here.  There is a lot of here, and very few of us; lowers the price and the stress.

Spreads things out, though.  Your weekly fuel bill might stay the same.

17-21l

you are all "Scurvy dogs" - if our beloved Prime Minister decides to tax us then tax us he should. Personaly I beleave that fuel is very cheap and that Her Majestys government should charge us £2 a litre, and put fags up to £10 for 10, then decrease ale to 2 shillings a pint, so we can all get drunk easily and forget about the price of fuel!!!! I live 2 mins walk from work.  Lets face it guys we dont say anything about anything , just as long as weve got an ale in the fridge we arent that bothered about much.  The last strike happened because fuel went up to 79p, it went n for 2 weeks!!! wow big deal - it wont happen again - so we should just bend over and take it good and hard and say "thank you"! for the pleasure -ha ha ha ha!!!!

God save England
and

God save the Queen
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Petrol prices are ridiculous.  They should put more tax on cigs, legalise some drugs and tax them as well.  Imagine how much tax you could raise by legalising cocaine?!

Everyone on the dole should also be forced to do 5 hours a week community service.  If they refuse, no benefits.  This means every council would have thousands of people available to clean the streets, paint buildings, plant trees, anything that needed doing.  It would revolutionise the country.  And also sterilise career criminals and smackheads, stop these people having kids they can't look after.

Good, that's the world righted for now.

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

17-21l

Sir!!!, you are correct, bring back national service, make criminals pay for accomadation food and medical services whilst in nick-if they can't- chain gang the blighters till they pay society back. Bring back the cane so that teachers have the right to give kids a damn good thrashing if they step out of line ( Ive heard that kids swear at their teachers nowadays-imagine that with the threat of 6 good lashes with the cane!!) and and and ban the bomb!! ??? ??? :D

We live in a soft as Sh##e society

God save the Queen
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: 17-21l on 20 April 2010, 08:58:12 PM
We live in a soft as Sh##e society

True, and it's producing soft as sh**e kids who don't want to earn their own living.