SYW Queries

Started by lentulus, 09 March 2010, 12:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I'll have a think and a chat with Dave, see what we can come up with.  He's away for the weekend visiting a friend.  He might even get time for a game, which will be the first for some time!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zbigniew

17 July 2010, 09:45:09 AM #31 Last Edit: 17 July 2010, 09:49:22 AM by Zbigniew
What a lovely figures!
These are tempting me to collect yet another one SYW army  :)
The cossack in the middle is just perfect. And the one on the left side even looks like Kalmuck Russian auxilaries!

Zbigniew

Just one more question about SYW Russians. Are codes SYR9 Grenadier foot marching waistcoat and SYR16 Observation Corp grenadier marching of the same pose?
Thanks in advance,
Zbigniew

Leon

The SYR9 is marching with the gun over the shoulder, SYR16 is in march attack, with the gun upright.  I've changed the website to show that.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Quote from: lentulus on 16 July 2010, 08:28:15 PM
I'd be up for suggestions.  They would make a break from the usual run of hussars.

We've had a chat, but it's a tricky one.  There is a guy in the OT range here:

but he's carrying a shield, and you'd have to chop the crest off his head.

Dave suggested a lancer figure which comes in the mounted Croat pack in the 30YW range (http://www.pendraken.co.uk/YW4-p3028/).  He's supposed to be part of the command, and there's only 1 in a pack normally, but we could do you a whole pack of them if you needed it.  I know people have used them before but I can't remember for what!

I'm guessing a pic would be helpful?!

lentulus

Quote from: Leon on 19 July 2010, 09:21:32 PM

I'm guessing a pic would be helpful?!

If you could, sorry to put you through the trouble.  I feel like I am turning into a special order pain in the butt, especially since you are probably tossing a lot of perfectly good figures back in the pot to do the "specials."

Leon

Quote from: lentulus on 19 July 2010, 11:29:38 PM
If you could, sorry to put you through the trouble.  I feel like I am turning into a special order pain in the butt, especially since you are probably tossing a lot of perfectly good figures back in the pot to do the "specials."

Nah, I'll get them sorted.  Most of the pic requests aren't too bad, as I keep a lot of spare figures on my desk.

Just in case I forget though, the FI pics you asked for, I'm going to cast up the whole range, then we can photo them for the website at the same time.  Shouldn't be long, I'll try and cast them up this week.

Leon

Right then, here's a couple of pics, but I can always stick a couple of samples in your next order?

lentulus

lentulus

Or a description.  Is it the classic musket vertical like this

(but with a hat of course)?

Leon

I'll double check tomorrow, I meant to get a pic taken over the weekend but never got chance.

lentulus

Quote from: Leon on 27 July 2010, 12:19:06 AM
I'll double check tomorrow, I meant to get a pic taken over the weekend but never got chance.

Thanks!  I am not usually in a rush, but I want to place an order Thursday or Friday.

Zbigniew

Lentulus, I have many of these. They are quite like on your picture. the only difference is that they dont have bayonets fixed and are a bit more passive in look. they look very good if you base them in close order though.

Leon

lentulus