2011 Plans....

Started by nikharwood, 01 April 2011, 12:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

I've had a bit of a hobby-hiatus over the winter: I didn't paint *anything* from early December [some 28mm Naps] to about mid/late February: that's unprecedented for me  :o and, to be honest, I was a bit worried...but the lack of painting / gaming was essentially work-related.

Anyway, since then I've painted a load of 3mm ultra-moderns [Russia v Georgia, South Ossetia 2008 & more], some more 28mm and, most recently, some luvverly 10mm Pendraken fantasy / Cthulhu / pulp gribbliness [more of which I'll post in due course]; I've also managed to scrape in some solo games [again, 3mm Cold War Commander & some nice Cthulhu skirimishing which I've discovered tonight: here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2566.0 ]

The whole point of this post though is to [very publicly!] declare my intent for 2011: over the past few weeks I have assembled - ready for texturing & undercoating - the following, which will be added to the first two armies on this list for completion in 2011: [in no particular order though]:

Jacobite Rebellion
British
Rebels

Indo-China
French Paras
Viet-Minh

WW2 Pacific
Japanese
USMC

WW2 Stalingrad
Germans
Russians

Crusades [a la Kingdom of Heaven]
Crusaders
Arabs

Colonial Sudan [still to complete assembly]
British
Sudanese

Still to work on:
Pulp
Mummy / Egyptian-themed baddies & goodies
Fantasy
Various Dungeon-dwelling nasties

So what I intend to do is post a separate Painting Diary for each of these - and use that as a motivator [as well as trying to maintain my focus away from the ooh-shiny moments as much as possible!]

zaapark

Good luck.  I tried that last year but lost the list about 2 weeks after I put it together  :-[

What rules for the Colonial and Crusaders ?
chris

Steve J

Glad to see that your back in the painting groove, as well as being able to get a game in. Work has seriously impacted on all things gaming related of late, so I know how you feel :(. Good to see that you got some skirmish gaming in which is cool.

As for rules, I would have thought Black Powder and Warmaster Ancients in one form or other.

I have no intention of posting a list as I would change it the minute it was posted :o.

nikharwood

Quote from: zaapark on 01 April 2011, 04:22:17 AM
What rules for the Colonial and Crusaders ?

Quote from: Steve J on 01 April 2011, 07:43:44 AM
As for rules, I would have thought Black Powder and Warmaster Ancients in one form or other.

Wot he sed  :D

Arsenus

And if you don't finish this, we will throw you tomatoes! ^^
The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

Kiwidave

My list:

10mm
WW2 - Pacific
Japanese + about a million palm trees - need to be done by May 9th!

WW2 - EF
tidy up vehicles I de-based recently - needed to be done before Colours
Russians - assemble and paint 3rd battalion of infantry; paint assorted vehicles, including my scratch-build bridge layer
Germans - assemble and paint 3rd battalion of infantry; paint assorted vehicles
Paint buildings

28mm - WAB
Finish painting 2 units of Slavic infantry - 1 will be needed for Hot Lead
Paint 2 units of Rus cavalry, 1 unit of militia

Base up a bunch of trees for a mate of mine.

Sell a bunch of stuff.

So not much really, but at the rate I paint, it'll take me the rest of the year!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

15mm WWII: Platoon of Early War Brits & whatever else I buy...

10mm 
1870: Wurrtenbergers to finish, Hessian Division (maybe a Corps), Tixiler's Division for the French
AWI: Americans (by May... yeah right)

25mm: Too much that will be on the list this time next year too...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

OldenBUA

Ha! Very good one Nik! Innocently posting a plan to paint 14 armies in the rest of the year. Almost fell for it!  ;D

Ofcourse it's your April fools joke for this year, as nobody can paint that amount of lead in a year. Right? :-/

No?  :o

Well, good luck anyway, and I'd like to see some pics when you're done.  :-bd

Maybe a month or two to finish that lot?  :D
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Kiwidave

He will do it - he nevers sleeps  I-)

NTM

The joke is it's only 14 armies we all know he'll do more than that.

nikharwood

;D Thanks fellas!

Yep - of course, this is just my 10mm list - not my 2mm, 3mm & 28mm lists as well; doesn't include any commission work either. To be honest, I'd like to get these done by mid-summer [June-July?] although cricket might well get in the way of some of it...

We'll see  ;)

nikharwood

Update time:

Jacobite Rebellion
British
Rebels

Indo-China
French Paras
Viet-Minh

WW2 Pacific
Japanese: painted
USMC: painted

WW2 Stalingrad
Germans
Russians

Crusades [a la Kingdom of Heaven]
Crusaders
Arabs: painted

Colonial Sudan [still to complete assembly]
British
Sudanese

Still to work on:
Pulp
Mummy / Egyptian-themed baddies & goodies
Fantasy
Various Dungeon-dwelling nasties
Franco-Prussian War: French & Prussian winter armies
Various AVBCW factions

FierceKitty

17th century Swedes. After that, there's really nothing to do but wait for those absurdly overdue Mexican figures to come out and fill in the most gaping gap in the entire 10mm figure gaming genre.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

lentulus

I'll be happy to get the bits and pieces to finish my WWII lads according to "official" TOEs all boxed and labelled