Kallistra and Pendraken

Started by jchaos79, 09 May 2010, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchaos79

Hi, I am curious, so I hope it will be not a unconfortable question:

What happend with kallistra and Pendraken? Are they realted in some manner? because I have notice that kallistra is selling products of pendraken with slights variations. Are both companies in good relation?

Also (I do not have kallistra models) but I have see a picture in the net of comparison size between kallistra historic range and pendraken historic range and Kallistra seems to be like 15mm (I am not talking about the real high, but the complexion of the figure and the "bulk" is like 12/15mm more than 10mm). Do you guys feel the same or I am misconfunding with the sizes?

Leon

We have known Paul at Kallistra for many years, I think he and Dave went to school together.  The majority of their Fantasy range is our figures, but they have put them onto strips.  They have also done a lot of conversions, and added some new bits to their range as well.

The Dark Ages/Medieval range is their own, and is slightly larger than ours.  They class it as "Big 10's" and it matches in well with the Fantasy stuff.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Luddite

Kallistra 'Big 10s'?!?!   :o

They're HUGE.  

10mm to the belt buckle...they're close to 15mm in many cases.    :D

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Quote from: Luddite on 09 May 2010, 05:25:33 PM
Kallistra 'Big 10s'?!?!   :o

They're HUGE.  

10mm to the belt buckle...they're close to 15mm in many cases.    :D

:D  They are a lot larger than ours, but they work nicely with the Fantasy range. 

With our stuff, it depends on the person, and how you imagine an Orc or a Giant Rat to look?  I kind of see Rats as being the same height as a Dwarf, but others want a GIANT rat.  Different strokes I guess.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jchaos79

Thanks for the answer leon!