'First Look' at the new League of Augsburg range!

Started by clibinarium, 23 March 2011, 01:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzen67

These look amazing but I fear they may  be almost too detailed for 10mm if that's possible. They will demand a good paint job leading to thoughts of may as well do the period in a larger scale.
Are they on the larger side of 10mm? And if so will they be comparable with GNW/WSS where there is a bit of overlap?
Hope I don't sound too negative,
Cheers,
Andy

Aquahog

I think they're looking very good. Might they work for the Scanian War mayhap?

clibinarium

Depending on how the molding works out (its a destructive process for the greens) I might do some conversions to add a couple of suitable packs for the Scanian War, eg Infantry in fur hats.

Quote from: tzen67 on 29 March 2011, 01:19:49 PM
These look amazing but I fear they may  be almost too detailed for 10mm if that's possible. They will demand a good paint job leading to thoughts of may as well do the period in a larger scale.

This issue comes up occassionally and I tend to take it as a compliment. However I don't believe that a good figure necessarily demands a great paint job; you can decide which details to paint or leave. I sometimes have found myself not bothering to paint some details I sculpted on the AWI figures. My approach is to put on as much detail as I can sculpting, and let the painter decide for themselves what to paint, I reckon its easier to not paint something that is there rather than try to paint on details that aren't. Possibly its easier to do this with a black undercoat as opposed to white.
If you look at how people paint Perry figures they run the gamut from astounding to blinkin awful, but so long as the painter is happy with the job, little else matters.

Steve J

"but so long as the painter is happy with the job, little else matters."

Very true.

freddy326

Any idea on when we'll be able to buy these?  :)

Aquahog

01 April 2011, 12:32:44 PM #35 Last Edit: 01 April 2011, 12:34:35 PM by Leon
Quote from: clibinarium on 30 March 2011, 12:47:03 AM
Depending on how the molding works out (its a destructive process for the greens) I might do some conversions to add a couple of suitable packs for the Scanian War, eg Infantry in fur hats.

Nice. :) We'll wait and see then.

Quote from: clibinarium on 30 March 2011, 12:47:03 AM
If you look at how people paint Perry figures they run the gamut from astounding to blinkin awful, but so long as the painter is happy with the job, little else matters.

Frankly I find that it's much easier to get a good look from a superb sculpt with a simple paint job as opposed to the work needed for a good look of a bad sculpt with a superb paint job. Since I control the sculpt with my decision on what to buy and the paint job with the time I put into painting I think every designer/manufacturer should strive to achieve good detail as this is where they can appeal to me. ;) That being said, mold lines on a very detailed miniature can be very annoying to clean. Luckily I've not had that problem with Pendraken so far, due to good molds and casting technique I suppose but definitely not from a lack of detail.

jfariahitech

Noooooooooo!
OMG, Another project?
My wife is gona kill me!
;)

YORSTONS

Gutted, i was hoping these would have been released this month, guess i will have to hang on a while longer. Clib, have you also done pikemen marching/advancing? It seems odd if the command and musketeers are advancing and the pike are standing.

I hope there are lots more releases to come in this rang.

Aart Brouwer

Aargh sweet jezus, they look good...

I don't even do 'Augsburg'. But now I may have to. Why do you bunch of $%#@&% keep doing this to us!?  ;)

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Leon

Quote from: YORSTONS on 01 April 2011, 07:40:50 PM
Gutted, i was hoping these would have been released this month, guess i will have to hang on a while longer.

We'll have them for the May releases, just not enough time to get production moulds ready for this month.  We'll have some sample packs at Salute though, if you're going?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Chad

Leon

Quote from: Chad on 02 April 2011, 10:02:24 AM
Perfect timing. BLB2 expected April

Yep, we've been contacted about advertising in it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

SV52

How much of the old range is being replaced?  Can we expect to see new mounted and artillery figures as well?  Apologies if this has been asked and answered already - too lazy to read through the whole lot ;)
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: SV52 on 03 April 2011, 09:37:50 AM
How much of the old range is being replaced?  Can we expect to see new mounted and artillery figures as well?

All of it, and yes!

SV52

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!