My finished tanks - WW2 German.

Started by count_zero99uk, 17 March 2011, 10:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

count_zero99uk

17 March 2011, 10:44:00 PM Last Edit: 18 March 2011, 09:06:58 PM by Leon
Hope you like them.

Ill not be doing any more work on these apart from maybe trying to get them flocked.  But all comments would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks as allways for looking :)

Take care
Brian.

barbarian

As far as I can see :
-Do not use the flash, wait for a sunny day. :)
-maybe a wash of dark-brown (not black) on the tracks ?
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GordonY

Yep all my track are now either rusty brown or just plain Mud brown, used to paint them black but the tank looks way too clean that way

NTM

I think they could do with some markings, crosses minimum perhaps turret numbers too.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Stowage rathe than markings. In 44 theses wrwe ordered pained out, although crosses would be barly visble as are on the hul.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Kassad

Also for me a dark-brown wash on treads can help to "underline" and "define" the details. You could glue some static grass in some points of the treads to more realistic look.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Aart Brouwer

Looking good to me. I particularly like the weathered look, the suggestion of mudcake &cet. A brown wash on the lower carriage might bring out some more detail, that's true, but don't overdo it lest you spoil the dry mudcake effect which is brilliant.

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

count_zero99uk

Ok :)

Ill be honest, these are the first tanks of this scale ive done. :) Your words have filled me with confidence about how im doing so thank you.

Some quick things responces to people

Barbarian - Yeah my flash is terrible, i will wait for better light next time.

Most of you mentioned the tracks, was a simple over site that had me painting the top of the track yellow rather than a blacky/muddy colour.  Ill be attacking them with some brown soon.

Stowage, is a nice idea but the bags and boxes i have are currently destined for my HQ and Command stands.  I thought of putting the crosses on, but as has been pointed out at scale they would be teeny.

And finaly Aart, thanks for the comments, what do you mean by dry mudcake effect, the base itself or something ive done on the tank?  Like i say i just kinda went splurghy splurge with some wash on the tracks.  So if its that good ill want to repeat it :)

No pics for about a week and a half, mother dear has hijacked my camera and taken it to spain with her.  She takes the camera and not me, :(.