10mm Refugees

Started by tuskegee01, 16 March 2011, 04:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Womble67

Hi all  I would also like to add my vote for refugees, women pushing prams, people pushing carts loaded with household goods etc etc

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dannyboy

Bump, plus 1. Can we have a cart loaded with furniture and possessions as well ?  :D :D

Leon

FRE15 in the French range has got refugees/civilians, with a small hand cart, if that would be of use?

https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/french/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Scorpio_Rocks

Quote from: Leon on 25 April 2020, 11:40:11 PM
FRE15 in the French range has got refugees/civilians, with a small hand cart, if that would be of use?

https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/french/
Any chance of a picture?
please
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Scorpio_Rocks on 26 April 2020, 05:52:32 AM
Any chance of a picture?
please
Seconded.

Can't believe that in all my scouring the site for 10mm civvies for my Russian partisans I never noticed this code!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

It's not the best pic of the original greens but should give an idea of them:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Scorpio_Rocks

They look to fit the bill perfectly - Thanks!
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

FierceKitty

I couldn't bear to use them in a game - too (literally) pathetic a subject. I'd be imagining my mother stumbling out of a wrecked house clutching her cat....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Big Insect

Just a reminder folks - we do have the BKCIV refugees and civilians supplement - downloadable as a PDF.

When it was play-tested - specifically by our Australian test group - it was a huge success and apparently great fun - with the roads getting clogged and blocked - and the need to add in some MPs to keep major junctions open. It makes the game a lot more complex admittedly but also a lot more 'realistic'.

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Dannyboy

My bad, I hadn't seen these guys tucked away in the French list and there's a supply wagon listed amidst the WW1 ranges that will do the trick as a civilian cart. I think as a potential obstacle in terms of blocking roads they add a realistic "what if", in terms of potentially upsetting plans etc. Unscrupulous gamers may factor this into their plans. But yes you always have to respect the plight of the actual refugees and remember they are not just simple game tokens!

Orcs

In the Chain of Command Blitzkreig rules you need civilians and Nuns etc
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Big Insect

Nuns ... :o oh dear ... that sounds like trouble  ;D ;D ;D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Remember Nuns should be carrying crossbows  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

"Nuns with Guns" surely, Ian. :)

Take your pick of

or

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data