Legionary 2011: Exeter: May 7th

Started by nikharwood, 04 March 2011, 08:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

Okeydokey - I've got 2 tables booked at Legionary:

http://legionaryshow.co.uk/

So, this year:

1] 8-10ft x 4-6ft: BKCII: 10mm - likely to be USMC v Japanese [with kiwidave & hopefully SteveJ]

2] 6ft x 4ft: CWC: 3mm - either South Ossetia 2008 *or* a "what-if" Sweden v Russia 1995 *or* Gulf War I

Who's in? If needs be, I can book more tables...would be good to have some more 10mm featured - it's a great, friendly show - and I can happily supply armies etc if people want to use them...

nikharwood

Just to confirm that Kiwidave & I will be slugging it out over Iwo Jima - details here: http://kiwidave.pbworks.com/w/page/39598070/Iwo-Jima

See you there..?

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 03 May 2011, 04:25:40 PM
Just to confirm that Kiwidave & I will be slugging it out over Iwo Jima - details here: http://kiwidave.pbworks.com/w/page/39598070/Iwo-Jima

See you there..?

I'll be in Falkirk manning two stands and waiting in anticipation for pics of your game! 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Quote from: Leon on 03 May 2011, 06:34:30 PM
I'll be in Falkirk manning two stands and waiting in anticipation for pics of your game! 

Falkirk & Exeter: end-to-end stuff eh?  :)

I'll bung the netbook in my bag - if the venue's got a connection I can steal access, we'll have it sussed as we go 8)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hosting Rollcall at my school in Cranfield, sorry!  :(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 03 May 2011, 06:49:57 PM
Falkirk & Exeter: end-to-end stuff eh?  :)

I'll bung the netbook in my bag - if the venue's got a connection I can steal access, we'll have it sussed as we go 8)

That'd be cool, I'm hoping to do something similar on the Pendraken stand in the future, so that people can browse the website and place orders for stuff we don't have with us.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Quote from: Leon on 03 May 2011, 08:08:24 PM
That'd be cool, I'm hoping to do something similar on the Pendraken stand in the future, so that people can browse the website and place orders for stuff we don't have with us.

Cool - then a netbook [nice & light & portable & won't dominate your space] is your friend - my nice new one would do the trick & it's dropped to £180 now = bargain [here: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-dot-s2-uk-003-netbook-black-04328069-pdt.html ]

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 03 May 2011, 09:19:41 PM
Cool - then a netbook [nice & light & portable & won't dominate your space] is your friend - my nice new one would do the trick & it's dropped to £180 now = bargain [here: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-dot-s2-uk-003-netbook-black-04328069-pdt.html ]

Oooh, cheers for that!  I might start dropping hints to Lynne then after Triples!  I'm wanting to get a Dongle as well (Premier Inn Wi-Fi is ridiculously expensive!), and then I can check the Forum when we've got no customers... and post pics of the show while we're there!

What's the battery life like on it?

cameronian

Leon, sorry to butt in but did you get my ammended Falkirk order?
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

nikharwood

Quote from: Leon on 03 May 2011, 09:24:55 PM
Oooh, cheers for that!  I might start dropping hints to Lynne then after Triples!  I'm wanting to get a Dongle as well (Premier Inn Wi-Fi is ridiculously expensive!), and then I can check the Forum when we've got no customers... and post pics of the show while we're there!

What's the battery life like on it?

Look at me not making any comment about you & your Dongle  ;)

Battery life is about 3.5 - 4 hrs really - pretty good; although of course if you pay more dosh you can double that...

Dave Fielder

I'm going to be there for a while, have to leave at about 1pm due to child birthday party - at least I can throw some dice on Nik's tables, generate some chaos and then feel like a job well done.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

nikharwood

Quote from: Dave Fielder on 03 May 2011, 10:40:12 PM
I'm going to be there for a while, have to leave at about 1pm due to child birthday party - at least I can throw some dice on Nik's tables, generate some chaos and then feel like a job well done.

Top-notch - it'll be good to see you  8)

Kiwidave

And he can teach you how to not lose all your tanks in two turns... ;D

nikharwood

Tanks? Ha - he's a RM Major - he doesn't fecking need tanks  ;D

And whaddya mean two turns? That's just slacking...

nikharwood

Right - Kiwidave's doing a proper batrep on his wiki & my camera seemed to not like the light very much - but here's some quick pics from our cracking game- Iwo Jima, WW2 - with remarkably little annoying commentary from me  ;) :

Kiwidave - acting like a hottie-gamer-chick magnet:

Major Dave F - ditto:

Me smoking the bunkers:

Kiwidave removing the smoke at the end of the turn:

...just in time for me to call it in again  ;D Here's Kd putting it all back (oh, how Major Dave & I laughed...Kd was muttering something in Noo Zoolander at this point):

I've got a load of pics of the 3mm CWC game (South Ossetia 2008, Russia v Georgia) too - here's a few: