Fantasy: Chaos Warriors

Started by nikharwood, 04 March 2011, 07:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbarian

Quote from: OldenBUA on 07 March 2013, 08:17:21 PM
Yes, but as has been said several times before, the Fantasy ranges are usually taller than the Pendraken historicals. Getting a few samples from Leon might have helped here, the first time this was mentioned? I'm sure he would have helped with that right away.

I prefer real 10mm. But that's a matter of taste.
I must say I've started to sculpt these without saying anything to Leon and didn't know at the time I would try to sell these. I just had a look at the top requests and tell me "Why don't you give a go on this one ?"
I worked with figures of the leader on the market (the Renaissance inspired ones) nearby.

In the end I hope people who are reluctant to buy these would give them a chance (maybe a sample pack) ?
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

quasar42

For me, the size is great, as they fit nicely with your historic ranges and the fantasy ranges of other suppliers that shall not be named.

jchaos79

For me the sieze is good! I will purchase them.

Kassad

Quote from: blacksmith on 07 March 2013, 11:21:04 AM
I think the figures are beautiful but too small, that's all.
For me a Chaos knight must tower one head or more over mere mortals and be twice as thick. I cannot field a unit of chaos knights smaller than goblins, sorry but I'm not interested any more; and it's a pity I said, because I loved those miniis and I badly wanted, but not in that size.
Best of luck.
I share the same opinion   :'(
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

badstar

Hi Barbarian, as much as I can understand the disappointment from a few, I think your sculpts deserve producing, very nice, distinctive, and should menace many an opponent,

Out of curiosity, as I'm fairly new to sculpting, how difficult might it be to raise the bases by a millimetre or so? It won't address any issue with bulk of course but it could make all the difference in winning over some people. Whatever, I hope these go metal somehow.

Regards, Rob.
"What's taters, precious? What's taters, eh?"

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

clibinarium

Barbarian, if you started these as a bit of fun, then the only person you really have to satisfy is yourself (a commission is different of course). So if you like them, and they suit what you wanted to use them for don't change anything.
If you go on to do more fantasy stuff you could always make the next figures you do a bit bigger and then return to these after a while and do bigger versions (there's nothing more disheartening than having to sculpt again figures you've just finished).

For what its worth I think they are lovely figures, there's a fineness to the detail which is hard to achieve. If they are a bit small that only emphasises the quality of the work to me. A couple of mm makes a big difference at this scale, its much harder to pack that much detail into a 10mm figure as opposed to a 11 or 12mm one.

Luddite

Agreed Clib.

They're superb quality and had a lot of us itching to get our hands on them.

Some still are.  For me though...just that bit too small and not bulky enough.

:(
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Dunnadd

11 March 2013, 07:01:46 PM #323 Last Edit: 11 March 2013, 07:04:27 PM by Dunnadd
If we killed everyone that thought they're too small then customer satisfaction percentages would rise and future complaints likely fall by a significant level. I'm not saying that's definitely what we should do - it's just one option to consider.

jchaos79

Is there any date for the release of the chaotic horde?

jchaos79

a beautiful general could be one sitting on a throne, with some bodyguards with hounds or wolfs around the throne... just an idea... :)

can't wait to expand my chaos army with those beauties  8)

Leon

At the moment these won't be produced by Pendraken I'm afraid.  They're just that little bit too small to fit with the our other Fantasy ranges, and it would lead to complaints from people who bought them with any other figures.

The figures themselves are awesome though, especially in the flesh.  We'll have a chat with Barbarian and see if there's any other options to bring these to market.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Luddite

Aye, its a real shame that Leon.  They're lovely sculpts, just off scale.   :(
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Sandinista

Keep us informed as to any suucess B has with getting these into production as the size would not be an issue for me

Edmund2011

Quote from: Sandinista on 24 March 2013, 11:14:49 AM
Keep us informed as to any suucess B has with getting these into production as the size would not be an issue for me

Yes please,  ;)