Fantasy: Chaos Warriors

Started by nikharwood, 04 March 2011, 07:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksmith

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sure that name was a gw quote, or did meatloaf get there first?  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bombshell games

I'm also pleased to announce that I'll be starting a Pendraken chaotic fantasy battle force. I'm lost.
I'm joining kerath and nik! You can be sure that it won't be long after release that you'll be seeing these in a game of MAYHEM. ;) Fantastic work barbarian!

Dunnadd

God damn those are some nice 10mm fantasy figures. When will they be available for the buying?

Leon

We're not sure at the moment.  The figures have arrived here, but they are a little small compared to the other Fantasy ranges.  We'd be interested to hear what people think?

With some Fantasy:

With some Fantasy and regular historical:
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

i_am_win

I like them, but they are a bit smaller than I was expecting!  :o

I'm sure they'll be lovely ranked up together with a good paintjob though!

Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

fred.

They do look a touch small - but they do look very nice and detailed.

The fantasy range is rather big - so comparison with the human ranges is probably more appropriate.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Matt J

Bummer but it wouldn't put me off buying them as they are lovely models.

One solution - Barbarian to resculpt the entire fantasy range  :D
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

blacksmith

Chaos Knights on heavy armour are taller and wider than average human. They are too small for me. I won't buy them in that size.

nikharwood

Quote from: blacksmith on 06 March 2013, 08:27:31 PM
Chaos Knights on heavy armour are taller and wider than average human. They are too small for me. I won't buy them in that size.

Yep - 'fraid so  :(

At this size, these would look positively daft alongside my Wood Elves & Gobbos...

petercooman

They are indeed to small.

No possibility to cast em up and sell as chaos dwarfs? Or are they too thin for that?

Edmund2011

I would buy them without doubt  :)

I use a lot of Historic range figures, and can mix well for me.

Fantasy figures are bigger, but painted over the game table can work. In fact I mix them with historical for gaming....  ;)

petercooman

I  see only one possible solution, revamp the entire fantasy range to 'real' 10 mm scale :D

barbarian

06 March 2013, 11:22:49 PM #298 Last Edit: 07 March 2013, 12:25:18 AM by barbarian
Various things to consider :
-The integrated bases are much thinner on my models. (The orc would be the average same heigh as my warriors).
-The range is consistent.
-They are taller than humans of a well known brand.

The only historical minis I own from Pendraken are Late Romans, and the Warriors are a bit taller (but thinner) than this range.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Luddite

Great sculpts but WAY too small.

I'd wouldn't buy them.

Shame really they looked really promising.   :(
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN