Fantasy: Chaos Warriors

Started by nikharwood, 04 March 2011, 07:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt J

correct me if i'm wrong but those wings look like they'll be too thin to mould and cast.

Also what height are the chaos warriors in the vid they look like spot on 10mm isn't most of the Pendraken fantasy range knocking on 12mm? Chaos warriors have to be a bit bigger than the usual humans.

I do really love the sculpts though
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

barbarian

I must make these wings thicker. Also, I don't like the "fingers" of the Erynie, I must redo them.
BTW, she is 11 mm tall with the "base".

Dark Templars are between 11 and 12 mm without horns and are taller than Pendraken's humans... (At least the ones I have, mainly WWII)

;)
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GordonY

The fantasy ranges are noticably bigger

barbarian

...don't know about that. Guess we could get around the problem providing thicker bases (I'm talking about the individual bases) ?

I'm doing the second Erynie, would you prefer a flying pose (with the need to attach it to a piano string) or a howling pose ?

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: GordonY on 20 August 2012, 07:40:36 PM
The fantasy ranges are noticably bigger

I posted a load of height comparison pictures on page 4 of this thread.  I'll quote them here for convenience:
Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 17 September 2011, 10:43:13 PM
This one is the best I can remember from my previous searches (from http://ewigeheld.wordpress.com/2010/09/26/10mm-pendraken-miniatures-fantasy/heroes_1/ )

Most of the figures are historical, however the two guys in cloaks are wood elves and the two bare armed/chested guys are barbarians.  The striking thing is how much taller the elves look than the figure with the blue staff even though they are behind him.

Although these are all fantasy, the barbarian chieftain at the top of the stairs is closer to the historic scale than the others.  His head only comes up to the shoulders of the barbarian swordsman on the bottom right of the picture.

Whilst searching for images I found my own comment on the subject (with the photo below) in this thread: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2848.0

The skeleton far left is Pendraken fantasy, whilst the wizard is Merlin from ARL18 Late Roman Personalities.  (From http://aportodos.mforos.com/1354550/7782193-10mm-pendraken-vs-kallistra/ )

Since I've just orderd a couple, it would seem that the second skeleton from the left is the Pendraken Undead Hero.

Hope this is of some help to someone!

Cheers,

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

barbarian

barbarian

Dunnadd

23 August 2012, 07:52:25 PM #217 Last Edit: 23 August 2012, 08:05:18 PM by Dunnadd
Thanks for the info Barbarian - i'd been thinking of modelling figures but memories of trying to solder wire frames together when i tried once when i was much younger were putting me off. The fimo thing is very interesting too. Do you mean that if you use green stuff, then fimo, you can sculpt a limb but change the position / shape of it, even when it's hardened? Or am i misunderstanding?

barbarian

No, you cannot.

Fimo need to be cooked. You can work on it, finished your piece, then cook.
Green stuff is only to let the Fimo glue to the structure.

But Fimo need a low temp mould, which add to the cost of the miniature.

Dunnadd

Ah right - thanks barbarian

Techno - also thanks very much for all the info - i got confused at some point and thought that you had changed your board name to barbarian rather than barbarian being someone else 

barbarian

nikharwood

barbarian

Vulpine

Leon: Please make a deal with this guy for his masters! Please
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the