Fantasy: Chaos Warriors

Started by nikharwood, 04 March 2011, 07:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

04 March 2011, 07:54:36 PM Last Edit: 04 March 2011, 11:09:18 PM by nikharwood
Right - I'll admit it - I love my GW Chaos Warrior & Beastman army...I love it so much I'd like to replicate it in 10mm  :D

The beastmen are sorted - but I'd love to see some nastiness to go alongside them - kind of like these:

The GW Chaos WM figures are OK [I used to have an army] - but they are a bit caricaturish...not to mention the stoopid price  :o

Anyone else fancy some vicious, heartless, soulless loveliness?  :)

Steve J

Ah, I remember first seeing these at the club many years ago in your game against Dave Ley, he of the changing-rules-as-the-game-goes along fame ;). Beautiffuly painted and very characterful.

Blaker

nikharwood

04 March 2011, 09:24:34 PM #3 Last Edit: 04 March 2011, 11:08:36 PM by nikharwood
Quote from: Steve J on 04 March 2011, 08:23:35 PM
Ah, I remember first seeing these at the club many years ago in your game against Dave Ley, he of the changing-rules-as-the-game-goes along fame ;). Beautiffuly painted and very characterful.

Hahaha - yep, that'd help explain why I lost  :)

Thanks for the comp  :) As I remember it, his were pretty-much just undercoated: therefore, I'm claiming a moral victory!

Maenoferren

I have got my Warmaster ones, but yes please to this, I need individual ones to make a mass of warriors, not static lines...
SO yes please from me :) :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

capthugeca

Sort of yes please too, but not to GW-y.
I'd prefer a more Moorcockian style Chaos Army a la Elric.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

clibinarium

The worry would be though that you might get sued on the 1:1 scale.

Sandinista

A big yes to all things Moorcock

GordonY

Yes some NOT-Chaos Warrior spiky goodness please, and some NOT-Chaos spawn, hounds Daemons etc.

Gordon

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Masdsive fan of Elric when i was a spottyy teenager, I'd say yes!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Squirrel

Rather than chaos, call them 'ornately armoured', if not too spilkey they could be used for Melnibonians, Numenoreans, and maybe even atlanteans ....... then I'd add my vote.

Cheers,

Kev

nikharwood

Quote from: clibinarium on 05 March 2011, 01:31:13 AM
The worry would be though that you might get sued on the 1:1 scale.

Yep - not copying obviously, but more the 'look' & 'feel' of Chaos-types everywhere...and not too spiky either [I took all the horns off the helmets in those 28s]

blacksmith

You have my vote on this. Also, it would be great to add some Marauders!

Leon

06 April 2011, 09:42:54 PM #13 Last Edit: 22 March 2012, 01:16:49 AM by Leon
Suggestion and votes added, although we obviously can't make Chaos Warriors.  It'd be cool to have some kind of Death Knight personality figure though.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Thanks Leon - I'd buy a boatload of these - both for WM mass battles, but also some for individual basing a la skirmishing: oh, and some to paint up as statues for dungeon (& other) scenery  8)