Fantasy: Chaos Warriors

Started by nikharwood, 04 March 2011, 07:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capthugeca

Quote from: sixsideddice on 18 September 2011, 08:27:50 AM

Naaaaa!! Marval did a few Conan and Elrik crossovers.

:o
>:(
Sacrilege!   [-(
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It could have been worse, it could have been DC comics!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sixsideddice

=O  agreed.

..... but

........  I read a few of them, and was surprised. They`re not half bad actually  :-SS

don`t hit me  :-B

Techno

Quote from: OldenBUA on 18 September 2011, 12:57:11 PM

A comparison shot with some medieval types on the left, a wood elf in the centre, and barbarians and an amazon on the right. Most noticable is the amazon on the extreme right, these are strapping lasses!

Otherwise, the 'a head taller' doesn't apply, I would say. The fantasy ones are bigger, but only a little. Oh, and if you would like some other comparison shots with other figures, just ask!

Note: All sadly untouched, but not unloved, I can assure you!

Hmmm....

Thanks for that 'Olden'....A good bit clearer from an eye level perspective...
More like half a head(ish) taller would seem nearer the mark to me ??

Cheers - Phil....(And thanks for the offer of other shots....May take you up on that !)

Leon

Quote from: OldenBUA on 18 September 2011, 01:02:16 PM
Maybe they grow em big in the Boro? I heard the Amazons were modelled on these.

If they were modelled on the average Boro lass, they'd be wider than they are tall...  :o  :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

KOVAV

from a GW-esque stand point, the barbs can easily be maruaders. the amazons and easily be slaneshee demons. what I really, really want is super armored, huge, badass juggernaut knights of evil. they dont have to chaos. but they do have to badass. KHORNE
Glory and Fame! blood is our name! souls full of thunder! hearts of steel! killers of men! a warriors friend! sword to avenge our fallen brothers to the end! one day to, I may fall; I shall enter odins hall!I shall die, sword in hand! my name, and my deeds shall scorch the land!

capthugeca

That is one scary woman!  :-S

Quote from: Leon on 18 September 2011, 05:49:58 PM
If they were modelled on the average Boro lass, they'd be wider than they are tall...  :o  :D

And I thought that the Spartans had it hard.
Hats off to you, Leon.

I'm glad I'm a southern softie!  #:-S
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 18 September 2011, 04:14:47 PM
Hmmm....

Thanks for that 'Olden'....A good bit clearer from an eye level perspective...
More like half a head(ish) taller would seem nearer the mark to me ??

Cheers - Phil....(And thanks for the offer of other shots....May take you up on that !)

Just a thought, but if it is badass chaos warriors you're sculpting then they probably ought to be more on a par with the amazon heroin/head taller than a mere half-head.  After all, they are supposed to be big, hulking and scary.

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

KOVAV

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 20 September 2011, 11:22:00 PM
Just a thought, but if it is badass chaos warriors you're sculpting then they probably ought to be more on a par with the amazon heroin/head taller than a mere half-head.  After all, they are supposed to be big, hulking and scary.

Cheers!

Meirion

here here! huge chaos warrior kick ass!
Glory and Fame! blood is our name! souls full of thunder! hearts of steel! killers of men! a warriors friend! sword to avenge our fallen brothers to the end! one day to, I may fall; I shall enter odins hall!I shall die, sword in hand! my name, and my deeds shall scorch the land!

jchaos79

Could be something like the dudes from the Conan film (jhon millus one) who raid the conan village at the first sequence of the film.

nikharwood

Quote from: jchaos79 on 01 October 2011, 12:20:55 PM
Could be something like the dudes from the Conan film (jhon millus one) who raid the conan village at the first sequence of the film.

From about 6 mins in...

KOVAV

I find it best just to post images when comes to movies. less chance to get cockblocked

kerath

If they sculpt a good range of chaos warriors and cavalry I would purchase several packs to build a warmaster chaos army  :d I'll stay tuned on this thread

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

kerath

Good good  :) gosh, haven't finished my undead army and thinking about a chaos one...