Marlburian WSS

Started by Leman, 26 March 2011, 05:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

How about some French dragoons in cap, mounted and dismounted. also Frank wilson depicts a Bavarian cuirassier in cloth coat with large cuffs, breast and back and very ornate single noseguard helmet. Is this different from the Austrian cuirassier already produced?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

CS Grant's Armies and Uniforms of Marlborough's Wars (illustrations by Bob Marrion) depicts an Austrian cuirassier officer and a Bavarian cuirassier both wearing full-skirted coats and "lobster pot" helmets. The main difference between the two is the colour of the coat, which is darker on the Bavarian. Since the Bavarians quite often formed part of the Imperial forces in the preceding years (the Elector was actually an Imperial general) it would not be surprising that they would follow the Austrian fashion. I have to confess that most of my Bavarian cuirassiers are actually ECW Ironsides. >:(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leman

Thanks for the info Hertsblue.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

maciek

IMO, all WSS cavalry needs remodelling.
Actually they represent only British troops, plus (rather ugly "bigheads") Austrian cuirassiers.
There is no dragoons in caps, there is no line cavalry in tricornes with two different crossbelts - one wide for carabine, and second narrow for cartridge box, and this is fashion the majority of European horsemen followed.
There are no decent commands.
And their horses ... ooh, it's another story ....
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Yes, I have to agree with you there. The Austrian cuirassiers are a fairly lumpen lot. And, yes, a dragoon in a stocking-cap would be a useful addition. :-w
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net