Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
28 October 2020, 11:35:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Peninsular Napoleonic project is complete, updates coming soon!
308985 Posts in 17968 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Ray Rivers
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  18th Century Requests
| | | |-+  7YW Generic flag (molded on) suggestion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7YW Generic flag (molded on) suggestion  (Read 2487 times)
Leon
Viscount

« on: 24 February 2011, 07:17:44 PM »

We've had a suggestion by email, thought I'd pop it up here:

My suggestion is for a SYW figure with a cast on flag that doesn't have a hat in the middle, for those who want to paint the whole flag.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
GordonY
Colonel

« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2011, 10:15:38 PM »

Bare poles for preference.

Gordon
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2011, 01:50:21 AM »

Yeah, he's got some of the bare poles as well.  On the current SYW standard bearer, the flag is cast on and the guy just happens to be waving his hat right in the middle of the flag.  Good for people who don't want to paint all the flag detailing, but for people who like painting their flags, could there be another option without the hat in the way?

www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
chortle
Cadet

« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2011, 06:49:58 AM »

Thanks for putting this up, Leon. It was my suggestion. I will post a picture of the back of one of the flags I've painted to show what I'm like to paint (no obstacles on the back). As I mentioned in email, I don't want to ask you to produce something that will not be a good seller. Just wanted the suggestion to go up to see if there was interest.

How many figures would you need to sell to make this a 'runner'? I want 300 easily.
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2011, 04:07:50 PM »

How many figures would you need to sell to make this a 'runner'? I want 300 easily.

Not sure really.  It's not a big job to do, so we could look at fitting it in somewhere.

Another thought I had, was that the guy is holding his arm up for another purpose, and that's to allow metal to flow into the flag, as well as through the pole.  We find that when the pole is the only point for the metal to flow through, we struggle to cast full flags.  Any prospective figure might need to have another contact point, e.g. the bottom of the flag touching the head.

chortle
Cadet

« Reply #5 on: 26 February 2011, 01:15:13 PM »

I will have some snaps for you tomorrow of some of these flags painted. I am at home at the moment, and can't recall how the figure is cast.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: