7YW Generic flag (molded on) suggestion

Started by Leon, 24 February 2011, 07:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've had a suggestion by email, thought I'd pop it up here:

My suggestion is for a SYW figure with a cast on flag that doesn't have a hat in the middle, for those who want to paint the whole flag.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

Leon

Yeah, he's got some of the bare poles as well.  On the current SYW standard bearer, the flag is cast on and the guy just happens to be waving his hat right in the middle of the flag.  Good for people who don't want to paint all the flag detailing, but for people who like painting their flags, could there be another option without the hat in the way?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

chortle

Thanks for putting this up, Leon. It was my suggestion. I will post a picture of the back of one of the flags I've painted to show what I'm like to paint (no obstacles on the back). As I mentioned in email, I don't want to ask you to produce something that will not be a good seller. Just wanted the suggestion to go up to see if there was interest.

How many figures would you need to sell to make this a 'runner'? I want 300 easily.

Leon

Quote from: chortle on 25 February 2011, 06:49:58 AM
How many figures would you need to sell to make this a 'runner'? I want 300 easily.

Not sure really.  It's not a big job to do, so we could look at fitting it in somewhere.

Another thought I had, was that the guy is holding his arm up for another purpose, and that's to allow metal to flow into the flag, as well as through the pole.  We find that when the pole is the only point for the metal to flow through, we struggle to cast full flags.  Any prospective figure might need to have another contact point, e.g. the bottom of the flag touching the head.

chortle

I will have some snaps for you tomorrow of some of these flags painted. I am at home at the moment, and can't recall how the figure is cast.