Name this range!

Started by Leon, 21 February 2011, 06:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Many moons ago I mentioned a new Fantasy range in the newsletter.  They have now arrived at Pendraken HQ, and will be going into the moulding queue.  What we don't have for them though, is a name?

So, suggestions please for this new Fantasy race:
(ignore the painted fella in the middle!)

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

snafu

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!

sixsideddice

Dire Draks?

Draconians sounds good though... but dont D&D do those for Dragonlance?

Six

Leon

Quote from: snafu on 21 February 2011, 07:44:02 PM
Draconians ..

Them's some pretty fluffy looking draconians!

(I didn't realise anyone else might have read the DragonLance books!)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

21 February 2011, 08:05:29 PM #4 Last Edit: 21 February 2011, 08:10:07 PM by nikharwood
Hmm - they kind of look like [in D&D terms]:

Slaad [not much]:

Troglodytes:

Yuan-Ti:

Draconians, for me, need wings...

Squirrel

Quote from: Leon on 21 February 2011, 07:56:04 PM
(I didn't realise anyone else might have read the DragonLance books!)

Hell yes! Best D&D series IMHO

For some reason looking at the greens the name 'Trogs' comes to mind :-\

They remind me of a range of minis I saw concept artwork for years ago, 'Fimur' I think they were called. Think they were planned for the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game - could be wrong, the old memory isn't what it used to be =) Don't think minis ever materialised.

Cheers,

Kev

Leon

Quote from: Squirrel on 21 February 2011, 08:10:06 PM
Hell yes! Best D&D series IMHO

I first got the novels from a secondhand book shop years ago, and collected every one that followed, until they started adding random generic Fantasy story's by just putting them into the Krynn setting.

They remind me of a range of minis I saw concept artwork for years ago, 'Fimur' I think they were called. Think they were planned for the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game - could be wrong, the old memory isn't what it used to be =) Don't think minis ever materialised.

Yeah, I've seen the Fimir, I think they were in the original HeroQuest game?  I don't see these as looking especially 'evil' though?  They look a bit more friendly to me?

Pruneau

I don't know what they're called, but I'm gonna get them an use them as Glorantha trolls (Uz), they have just the head for that.  These trolls are nothing like the LOTR or Warhammer trolls, they are tribal, have shamans and a well evolved, albeit dark society.

Boardgames: MMP ACW, ASL ᴥ BKC & SSOM - WW2 (In development) ᴥ Flying Lead - Sci-Fi: Shocktroops, Pulp, Spugs ᴥ WH - Greenskins, Dwarfs

http://hiording.blogspot.com - http://runequestfun.blogspot.com - http://secondsquadonme.blogspot.com

ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ı əɯıʇ ʇsɐl əɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Kassad

If not Draconian for D&D copyright...  could be "Drakkar" the name? However very nice range, I like them.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 21 February 2011, 08:22:49 PMYeah, I've seen the Fimir, I think they were in the original HeroQuest game?  I don't see these as looking especially 'evil' though?  They look a bit more friendly to me?

They were in WHFRP 1st edition too. 

Hmm, hard to get beyond fimir since these guys seem to be monocular too!  How about Drakmir, or cyclopean reptile-men.
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Hertsblue

You obviously weren't around when they recorded "Wild Thing" and the original version of "Love is all around" ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

capthugeca

Saurians or as they have one eye Cyclosaurs?

Very nice, whatever they get called.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Maenoferren

what about Fomorians?
basically what the fimir were based on.

I do like them though  :D

And as for dragon lance, loved the books, also had the computer game too where you flew your dragon, basically a dragon flight sim  :D :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Leon

Quote from: Maenoferren on 25 February 2011, 12:08:10 AM
what about Fomorians?

Quote from: capthugeca on 24 February 2011, 10:08:52 PM
as they have one eye Cyclosaurs?

I'm liking some kind of word play on Cyclops, and I didn't know about the fomorians, so that's another road to go down.  From the wiki info, they don't fully match the description of those, so we might have to work on a name around 'Fomorian'.

Quote from: Maenoferren on 25 February 2011, 12:08:10 AM
And as for dragon lance, loved the books, also had the computer game too where you flew your dragon, basically a dragon flight sim  :D :D

Did you ever see the animated film?  I got pretty excited when I heard it had been made, got myself a copy and wasn't impressed in the slightest.   :(

Hertsblue

How about "Toadmen"? Or is the green just getting to me?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net