favourite fantasy race

Started by Maenoferren, 19 February 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

This appeared out of the blue from a time when Pendraken was but a glint in FSN's eye

My answer would be Undead if that  can be classed as a race
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Dunnadd

Vampires can, necromancers probably not technically a race, but for the purposes of the discussion they can be.

'Dirty necro bastards, coming to this country, killing our people, then reanimating them to use them to kill even more of us. Can't get a job any more because the zombies took them all for no pay. Send 'em all home etc." ;)

Well, maybe wouldn't phrase it as much like a UKIP / BNP activist, but what i mean is, they can count as a race, but a dirty evil one.

Fenton

I just like em cos there dead ( no pun intended) easy to paint
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Bodvoc

1: Wood Elves (why wasn't Michelle Peiffer Galadriel?)
2: High Elves
3: Half-Elves
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Maenoferren

Wow that was a long time to reply ...I still have a war master lizardman army.... One of my favourite races....
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Luddite

Quote from: Bodvoc on 08 March 2015, 08:46:13 PM

(why wasn't Michelle Peiffer Galadriel?)

Because Cate Blanchett nailed it?   :-\ :D

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

OldenBUA

I think there have been some people clamoring for Aztec Frogmen, they might even have made it to the top requests already.

Yes, I know, but somebody had to do it
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

For battle games I tend to prefer High Elves or Chaos Warriors - because they tend to field a few high value units and I paint so infrequently they're the only armies I am liable to finish :)

In computer RPGs I tend to go for combat mages. I have a female Liche in Skyrim in doubly enchanted armour and armed with the "Bow of Slaying Everything Except Squid"* at the moment and an Arcane Warrior in Dragon Age: Origins - yep going through something of a nostalgic period playing some of the older games!

*If you play Munchkin you'll get the reference, if you don't play Munchkin ... for shame :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Fenton

Dunnadd

I like elf armies but in warhammer archers tend to not kill enough enemies to justify their points cost before they get swarmed by e.g orc or goblin infantry - and a horde of goblin archers with Bowskill 3 are almost as effective as half their number of Bowskill 4 or 5 elf archers, but cost less points.

Dunnadd

Quite liked Galadriel in the LOTR movies - she was meant to be warning Frodo how terrible she would become if she took the ring, so was in the spirit of the books, even if it wasn't quite the same as in the book.

Techno

Undead.....
I really enjoy making zombies.  :)
Cheers - Phil

getagrip

Undead for me too.

I love a great big stinky, shambling horde.

Most people call them wargame conventions :D
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

FierceKitty

I think Ms Blanchett is more elfin when she plays human women, actually.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.