Anyone made WWII model conversions?

Started by Aart Brouwer, 20 March 2010, 01:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aart Brouwer

20 March 2010, 01:27:38 AM Last Edit: 20 March 2010, 01:30:11 AM by Aart Brouwer
I wonder if anyone on the forum ever tried to convert WWII Pendraken models? Shorten a panzer barrel? Mount a PAK40 on an Opel Blitz? Construct an early Marder? Mount a flawethrower on a Churchill to get a Crocodile? Being a newbie to miniature painting and gaming I can't be arsed to experiment at this stage, but I'd love to hear and see pics about other peoples' exploits.

Imagine the possibilitehs..   :o  ;D
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

grimreaper

i thought there was a model of the Churchill  Crocodile?

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: grimreaper on 20 March 2010, 10:19:48 AM
i thought there was a model of the Churchill  Crocodile?

OK, let me rephrase that: has anyone ever mounted a baguette on a Crocodile to make a Croque Monsieur?

Seriously, I trust that most readers will get my point about conversions. There is always something to be learned and I'm interested in the techniques as much as in the particular models used for conversions.
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

nikharwood

Most of my 'conversions' in 10mm tend to be 'substitutions' [although there are things I've done...just need to recall what they are!]

For example, my nice Pendraken SCW armies - featured in the BKC II rulebook and pictured here: http://nikharwood.pbworks.com/BKC%3A-Spanish-Civil-War%3A-Nationalists  and here: http://nikharwood.pbworks.com/BKC%3A-Spanish-Civil-War%3A-Republicans were actually done over a year ago: when the 'proper' SCW range was but a wish..!

One of the most versatile figures that I've used in my modern armies is the NVA fella in a bush hat firing his AK: it's a stunning little sculpt & useable across all kinds of theatres  8)

Last Hussar

I cut the top half of a German officer off to put in the hatch of a PzIII
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

lentulus

I put a WWII Russian head on a Vietnam NVA AAMG to gt a soviet AAMG, and more soviet heads onto heads from a British Bofors gun to get a Soviet 37mm AA gun.

Last Hussar

You are patient- swapping 10mm heads! :o
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

lentulus

Quote from: Last Hussar on 21 March 2010, 03:53:27 AM
You are patient- swapping 10mm heads! :o

Actually, it's not as hard as you might think -- provided you are not doing many.  I have done a total of 5.

Kiwidave

Lentulus, how did they come out? I've been toying with that same idea....(for the same equipment as well!)

lentulus

Quote from: Kiwidave on 23 March 2010, 09:57:34 PM
Lentulus, how did they come out? I've been toying with that same idea....(for the same equipment as well!)

I'm do for some pictures, as soon as I have a chance I will include those lads.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Yes the Soviet AAMG is a gap - but it is not as if one needs a lot of them for - I think I need one for a tank brigade AA platoon so converting the NVA Dshk might indeed be a way forward.  I just proxy 40mm Bofors for 37mm M39 AA.

Regards

Edward

Kebabman

I have had a go at making Patton in 10mm.I would take his picture and post it but hes never in the same place for long......
Professor of the bleedin obvious.