3 russian men in trench ?

Started by ronan, 23 October 2021, 02:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronan

Hello
I'd like to have 3 russian men in trench, like the german one  (GRX19 https://www.pendraken.co.uk/ngrx19-n3-men-in-a-trench-3-4036-p.asp )
It may be really useful for many scenarios.

Thank you and take care

Ithoriel

Yes, please!

I've been asking for a while.

Delenda Est Carthago!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Heedless Horseman

23 October 2021, 03:23:57 PM #3 Last Edit: 23 October 2021, 03:29:53 PM by Heedless Horseman
 Yes, Russians... U.S and maybe Japanese too. They are very useful pieces... would like more... and MG and A/T teams. Possibly an empty trench, also.
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno II

I made/converted three 'men in a trench'......SO long ago......I can't even recall what nationality they were.

If I ever find them.....

If I do find them, Leon is more than welcome to them.....for nuffink.
From a cost point of view..... I'm genuinely not sure whether it's worth PD popping them on to the site.

Cheers - Phil  :)

Elliesdad

My first thought was that this was going to be a humorous item - perhaps some Eastern European version of 3 men in a boat (errrr... a trench in this particular case).  ;) :)
To be fair, I'm not disappointed. Some 10mm WW2 Soviets in protective earthworks would indeed be useful. I do have some in 15mm.

Geoff

ronan

Quote from: Elliesdad on 23 October 2021, 04:33:38 PM
My first thought was that this was going to be a humorous item (...)

;D ;D ;D

Ithoriel

Quote from: Techno II on 23 October 2021, 03:41:01 PM

From a cost point of view..... I'm genuinely not sure whether it's worth PD popping them on to the site.

For Russians, I'd want at least 24 infantry ones. So 8 packs, maybe 10? If there are half a dozen, or so, like me that's initial costs covered, as I understand it.

Entrenched MMGs and 81mm (or so) mortars would be of interest, though clearly I'd need fewer. So less viable, maybe?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ithoriel

Quote from: Elliesdad on 23 October 2021, 04:33:38 PM
My first thought was that this was going to be a humorous item - perhaps some Eastern European version of 3 men in a boat (errrr... a trench in this particular case).  ;) :)
To be fair, I'm not disappointed. Some 10mm WW2 Soviets in protective earthworks would indeed be useful. I do have some in 15mm.

Geoff

Three Russians in a trench, one can read, one can write and the last one is there to keep an eye on the intellectuals.

Elliesdad

Quote from: Ithoriel on 23 October 2021, 04:59:52 PM
Three Russians in a trench, one can read, one can write and the last one is there to keep an eye on the intellectuals.

;D ;D

Orcs

Yes, All nationalities in a trench, pref with  an HMG and Mortar options
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

ronan

Three russians in a trench, one ukrainian, one georgian and one from Moscow.
The officer asks if this a joke ?

sorry ...   :D
I know it's an old one.. but could not resist ...

( About reading / writing, I've been told the USSR was one of the best, due to school and communism. - Surely in the first years, may be still in WW2 ?  :-\ )

Ithoriel

Quote from: ronan on 23 October 2021, 05:30:45 PM
( About reading / writing, I've been told the USSR was one of the best, due to school and communism. - Surely in the first years, may be still in WW2 ?  :- )

It's more a joke about levels or surveillence and the low opinion of intellectuals held by the Communist Party than of the education system.

FierceKitty

It reminds me of a couple of Russians I had to teach once. They'd been sent by the embassy for a bit of in-service training, which was odd, because they spoke accurate, idiomatic, and fluent English. We ended up spending much class time watching Yes, Minister, which they were delighted at:

This Sir Humphrey, Nikolai - he's just like Boris Ilarionovich in the visa section, isn't he?

No, he's easier to understand than Boris!

They went on to explain that Sir Humphrey would have been able to use the complexity of Russian grammar to muddy the waters even more than he habitually did.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Raider4

Quote from: Orcs on 23 October 2021, 05:25:51 PM
Yes, All nationalities in a trench, pref with  an HMG and Mortar options

Eeek! That's going to be a big trench. And probably a bit bad-tempered as well.