WWII Casualties!

Started by Leon, 20 October 2021, 12:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Techno II on 21 October 2021, 10:45:19 AM
I'm not sure what the figure is now, but Leon has said in the distant past, he needs to sell 300 of a particular figure to 'break even', from a sculpting, pressing, casting cost point of view.

Sadly that's a lot worse these days!  For a regular pack of figures with 2 poses, in theory we would need to shift about 70 packs of them just to cover the sculpting costs!  With the extra staff and now the added costs of the new unit, margins are down way below 15% so a £5.50 pack produces around 82p profit.  I think at this point though it's not really an accurate way of looking at things anymore, instead we work on a rough sculpting budget per year and try to focus it on things that will add/benefit the overall business.  Then if turnover increases each year we can assume that we're moving in the right direction.  If we looked at it in purely outlay vs return then it wouldn't be viable on paper to produce much at all!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Which reminds me, how much do I owe you?  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sean66

Quote from: Orcs on 21 October 2021, 06:20:22 PM
You want her in a one piece Camisole!!  Sean?

I can under stnd the attraction, but a little cold on the eastern front I think.  :)

Breed them tough over there.
No way too cold ! Yea lol should see how they dress up north on cold winter nights out on the town
Regards
Sean

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Where's Nik Harwood and the Firefly bonnet gif when you need him!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner