Nice 10mm YouTube plug

Started by Wonkey Donkeys, 21 September 2021, 05:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cook

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 22 September 2021, 08:39:06 PM
I recently watched and rewatched a YouTube video about painting SLUDGE figures.

There were no talking heads but plenty of voiceover chat, explanations of the action in view and lots of encouragement.

Not quite the same as the Brandywine video I admit but it entertained and educated me without a doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ_jcgaq5vU

They are about two different subjects.  The two Little Wars TV videos are about wargame rules and wargaming Brandywine, the other one is about painting figures.  You should have persevered with the Little Wars TV.  The Brandywine video has plenty of explanations of the game and close ups of action, plus innovative viewer participation towards the end.  I thought it was about the best of its kind I've seen for ages. 

Westmarcher

I can't praise Little Wars TV highly enough for the good work they are doing in promoting historical wargaming today. What a breath of fresh air. 35,700 Subscribers can't all be wrong, can they?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

John Cook

I agree.  Very well done.  They draw you into the conversation for a start.  The games and the terrain are exemplary and thought provoking.  They also seem to be focused on historical gaming and drink single malt.  What's not to like.  I wish there was a club like that near me.

Westmarcher

Yes, I forgot about the single malt.   :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ben Waterhouse

Little Wars TV are, by a long chalk, the best wargaming show on YouTube
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Last Hussar

I enjoyed it. It was about the rules, not the figures.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry