CO2 Squeals

Started by Heedless Horseman, 20 September 2021, 07:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heedless Horseman

Is it just me that finds this a little absurd?
Global Warming... environmentalists squeal about fossil fuels creating CO2.
Gas companies squeal about costs and Govt' caps on prices...(They will be going up!).
Customers squeal about price hikes... and gas frims going bust.
CO2 Manufacturers squealing and closing due to gas prices.
Abattoirs squealing due to lack of CO2 for stunning/ killing pigs, etc.
Farms squealing as they can't sell stock to abattoirs.
Shops squealing about possible meat shortages.
Customers squeal about that.
The ones that REALLY need to squeal are the poor b****y Pigs... but such is their lot in life.... and I LIKE Bacon / Pork.
I create LOTS of CO2... but here I am, squealing!
All separate 'issues'... but, maybe a little weird, when you think?
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Ithoriel

The worls is simultaneously burning and drowning. We had plenty of warnings but vested interests trumped them.

We are in the midst of a pandemic - they've been happening since civilisations first emerged but we still insist on not making proper preparation.

Rather than making large investments in wind, water, solar and nuclear power we still rely on gas for electicity generation, and will for some time to come, and much of our ( and Europe's) gas comes from Russia, with whom we do not have the best of relationships.

And just in case that wasn't enough we opted for Brexit and then whinged about the EU expecting us to stick to the treaty we signed.

THe surprise, for me, is that things are not far worse!   
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Tghings can only GET WORSER
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Heedless Horseman

21 September 2021, 08:46:29 AM #3 Last Edit: 21 September 2021, 09:00:32 AM by Heedless Horseman
Early 80s, we were going to Freeze, Cook, Starve, Drown or Fry... take your pick! Most fairly cool with that. So, just to make things interesting. referee decided to throw in Aids, Mad Cow, Ebola , Dementia and Covid
And.. 'table space' for more players!

Hey! you could make a Game from This!  Bit like Monopoly... still have to grow assets... but with 'Win' / Lose' squares.  'Lose' squares... lose some assets,  but Penalty card added to pool... someone  lands on square TOO many times... cards run out... and Game over! Just add up assets for a Space Ship! Maybe should patent... but maybe already taken.  ;D

To be serious... when the 'Good Thing' is... 'it will get worse'...it  ain't good.  :( ;) :D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

DecemDave

We are doomed, DOOMED I tell e

I'll worry more when there is a shortage in my lead/plastic mountains.    c.  2036 at current rate of progress

Quote from: DecemDave on 21 September 2021, 09:03:59 AM
We are doomed, DOOMED I tell e

I'll worry more when there is a shortage in my lead/plastic mountains.    c.  2036 at current rate of progress

Said it once or twice - WORK FASTER
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021