Hanoverian SYW grenadiers - nothing more easy!

Started by Zbigniew, 31 January 2011, 04:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zbigniew

I just think about Hanoverian SYW grenadiers. It would be very easy to make such figure. Receipt:
take a head of Prussian grenadier and attach it to Hanoverian infantrist body - done!!!
I could probably convert such a figit myself  but not in sufficient numbers.
Leon, if someone, maybe me  :), made such a master fig, would you add it to the catalogue?

YORSTONS

You can add my vote for that one,intend to pick up a Hanoverian army on Sunday at York.

Leon

Quote from: Zbigniew on 31 January 2011, 04:56:18 PM
I just think about Hanoverian SYW grenadiers. It would be very easy to make such figure. Receipt:
take a head of Prussian grenadier and attach it to Hanoverian infantrist body - done!!!
I could probably convert such a figit myself  but not in sufficient numbers.
Leon, if someone, maybe me  :), made such a master fig, would you add it to the catalogue?

Yeah, no problem, if you fancied doing it?  You'd need to drill and pin the head in place, superglue wouldn't be strong enough on it's own.  Pop me an email if you're interested and we'll get something sent over to you.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

clibinarium

Wouldn't it be easier to put a mustache and queue on to a British grenadier?

Zbigniew

Quote from: clibinarium on 31 January 2011, 07:02:48 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to put a mustache and queue on to a British grenadier?

No. As far as I know they had Prussian style caps, not British.

Zbigniew

Quote from: Leon on 31 January 2011, 06:11:51 PM
Yeah, no problem, if you fancied doing it?  You'd need to drill and pin the head in place, superglue wouldn't be strong enough on it's own.  Pop me an email if you're interested and we'll get something sent over to you.

Leon, I have send you a message. And thanks for replying.

Zbigniew

Quote from: Zbigniew on 31 January 2011, 07:11:45 PM
No. As far as I know they had Prussian style caps, not British.

Hmm. I made some research on these. I know there were some differences between Prussian and British grenadier mitres, but I cant say exactly what they are. In literature Hanoverian mitres are usually described as "Prussian in British pattern" whatever it means.
There was a moment I was considering to follow Clibinarium's advice (thanks Clib), but then I noticed another differences between British-Hanoverian grenadier uniforms. British grenadiers mostly had laces shoulder wings (nicely portreyed on Pendraken figures) and Hanoverian had none. And the braids: British were hidden under the headgear, Hanoverian swang freely.
Can anyone advise me on exact mitres differences?

Jens Glad

Militarily, they would come in different styles. The "German" style being a cone shaped structure completely embroidered with cloth, the "Russian" style consisting of a tall brass plate atop of a leather cap with a peak at the rear and the "British" style being a tall cloth front-plate forward of a smaller red cap, lined in white.
The above is from wikipedia but sums up rahter well, the basic different styles of a mitre at the time.

Rob_H

Add my vote to this one.