I'm Back!

Started by Cold Steel, 15 October 2022, 06:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Steel

18 months since my last visit.  Wow, how much has happened! Sold the house for more than we dreamed of, instead of shooting a neighbor most people only see in movies.  Then I took an opportunity to retire early.  We bought a small farm in rural SW VA, right at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains.  How rural?  We have to drive several miles to get cell phone signals.  Linked up with the Triangle Simulation Society and found another gamer 1/4 mile up the road.  Now I have a lot of forum posts to go through.  Disappointed to see no US 90mm AA gun yet.

Whoever said enjoy retirement has never been retired.  I haven't worked this much in decades.  I'm clearing and fencing pastures, while a contractor is half way through a full renovation of the house.  Most importantly, he finished the game room and the painting room.  A new woodworking shop goes up next month so I can finish the custom trim, then build display cases and a custom 9'x5' table.  Just unpacked the 3d printers this morning. Now to get the spray booth up and running so I can get back to painting toy soldiers.

Joe

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Wow, you have been busy. Welcome back
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

paulr

Welcome back :-h

Sounds like an interesting new lifestyle :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Welcome back and you certainly have been a busy man!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Welcome back, work faster
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

d_Guy

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!