Carronade, Falkirk - Sat 25th Sept

Started by Leon, 06 September 2021, 03:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

I wonder if the lack of a bring'n'buy might have affected attendance, alongside Covid of course. Many times queueing for the Colours show all the talk seemed to be about rushing in to the B'n'B and seeing what bargains could be had. The show seemed an after thought at times. Also after midday it tended to be quieter, which made moving around much nicer.

fred.

Perhaps, personally the Bring and Buy is rarely of interest to me, the effort to see anything in amongst crowds and piled up stuff, rarely seems worth it. I find this with sales in most shops too.

I quite like an online sale though!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: fred. on 26 September 2021, 04:06:52 PM
Perhaps, personally the Bring and Buy is rarely of interest to me, the effort to see anything in amongst crowds and piled up stuff, rarely seems worth it. I find this with sales in most shops too.

I quite like an online sale though!

It doesn't interest me much either, but I'll be the first to admit the room is always pretty crowded while it is on.

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Steve J on 26 September 2021, 03:34:50 PM
I wonder if the lack of a bring'n'buy might have affected attendance, alongside Covid of course. Many times queueing for the Colours show all the talk seemed to be about rushing in to the B'n'B and seeing what bargains could be had. The show seemed an after thought at times. Also after midday it tended to be quieter, which made moving around much nicer.

I was at Carronade but just for the morning. I would have stayed longer if the Flea Market was up and running as I still have a goodly number of excess painted figures for sale.

I did say 'hello' to several (many) friends, socially distanced of course, and managed to purchase everything I thought I needed.

All in all the Falkirk guys did a great job in getting Carronade up off its bum (can I say 'bum') in somewhat difficult circumstances. Well done lads.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Steve J

A nice review of the show and some good pics of the show, courtesy of the Balkan Gamer Blog:

http://balkandave.blogspot.com/2021/09/carronade-2021.html

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

There certainly are...Thanks for the link, Steve ! :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Steve J on 26 September 2021, 08:54:20 PM
A nice review of the show and some good pics of the show, courtesy of the Balkan Gamer Blog:

http://balkandave.blogspot.com/2021/09/carronade-2021.html

Great pictures.
Here's my pal Hugh's take on the show.

http://colgar6.blogspot.com/2021/09/carronade-2021-at-last.html

A few Carronade pictures, and some other goodies in the blog if you're minded to dig about.

Leon

We had a really nice time at Falkirk, it almost felt like a real show!  The masks and distancing didn't really affect things and it was nice to catch up with folks after so long.  All credit must go to the Falkirk club for being the first to take the plunge and run their event.

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 25 September 2021, 07:37:29 PM
Pendraken's stand appeared to be doing a good trade, twice a rolled up and the place was jammed to I retired to come back later.
Even after lunch there were queues, so no opportunity for lengthy chat about business, the hobby and he show in general.

Thanks for the chocs as well, I missed you when you came by!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!