East London England Gamers wanted for BKC4

Started by Ariete, 01 September 2021, 11:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariete

Had BKC4 since they were published. Never managed to get in a game. I prefer 6mm and the gentlemen at my former club were fixated on 15mm or larger scales using FoW or BA.
So without further ado I am looking for a mentor to help me through the learning curve and get in some games. I belong to IWG which meets at the Redbridge Social Club on Sunday afternoons & 2 Friday evenings a month. Just off the A12
I am currently working on my 1940 Italians and British troops. I am not that fussed about points based games as wars are never balanced and prefer to use real OOB when available.
Regards Drew

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Same here, Drew.

But a very warm welcome to the forum.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Steve J

Good luck in finding an opponent to play/learn against.

Leon

I'm sure we've got a few players in that area so hopefully someone can help out.  There's a few groups just outside of the M25 as well I think.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zippee

Sorry Drew,

I fled to Lincolnshire a couple of years ago so no longer attending IWG

Ariete

Quote from: Zippee on 02 September 2021, 11:00:17 AM
Sorry Drew,

I fled to Lincolnshire a couple of years ago so no longer attending IWG

Did you used to live in Walthamstow? I recall coming to yours to play a WW2 Bismarck game that didnt end well
Drew

Zippee

yep,

not so much Bismarck as the invasion of Norway - I seem to recall the Kriegsmarine logistics chief got things a bit muddled and much of the shipping was delayed or left straggling across the north sea in broad daylight.

whether it ended well or not, rather depends on who was who

Ariete

Thats what staff officers are for. Expecting the commander to run the logistics, strategic and tactical parts of a game it just like putting me in a Char B and telling me to go win a war!

Zippee

thanks for the comments

there were a number of players in a number of roles in a mini-campaign that had taken several weeks to play out

the bit Drew was involved in was the execution on the table top of the significant bits

Mfowles

Drew, sorry for late welcome/response !

By IWG, I assume you are referring to prestigious Ilford Wargames Group! 

That was where my wargaming journey began, though many years ago ('circa 84/85) !
On my first visit I participated in a 1/72 WWII game, a table tennis table full of airfix tanks, paper railway buildings, metal figures, handfuls of lichen, rules & dice, not a matchstick gun or marble in sight!  It blew my mind and I've been hooked ever since!

I've not attended since mid nineties as moved to Barnet but still play for Frenford FC (Vets!), IWG used to be based in their home ground when it was behind Ilford Swimming Baths.  Point being I still visit the area!

I have 10mm Eastern Front, BKCI, II,III & IV...but tbh have only played a handful of games with my brother so no rules expert!

Maybe we could arrange a game at the club one Sunday? maybe some faces I recognise from all those years ago....

Cheers

Matt