Early Scots vs Anglo-Danish 2000+ 10mm figures

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 31 August 2021, 11:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Yes, 2000 or more figures, mine are all Pendraken, David's are 3d printed! The future is here folks!
So here it is, David's Anglo-Danish vs my Early Scots in 10mm epicness!
https://madlemmey.blogspot.com/2021/08/10mm-mortem-et-gloriam-early-scots-vs.html
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Heedless Horseman

(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno II

DecemDave

Drool    =P~ =P~

Quote from: Lord Speedy of Leighton on 31 August 2021, 11:40:24 PM
David's are 3d printed! The future is here folks!

Well it's lovely but it wont attract me until it can print in all the base colours.   Am I the only one to prefer individual figures to strips for ancients/medievals??  To me the Pendraken above look better than the printed.   I have a warmaster "strip" medieval army and it just looks too darned neat.  I'm experimenting with adding two new "singles" 20*20 bases to the existing 3 40*20 "strip" ones on top of a 80*40 steel base to  try and break up the parade ground precision a bit without too much work.

Raider4

That looks great!

'Strips' of troops make sense if doing close-knit infantry? Shieldwall, Roman legions, Greek hoplites, etc.?

paulr

I would think with some good design you should be able to come up with a number of different strips that allow for some variation :-\

Wouldn't be a case of swapping the order of the figures in the strips and tweaking the alignment :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Jim Ando

Looks a cracking game .

What's the rules like.

Jim

clibinarium

I reckon the use of 3d printing for mastering some Pendraken figures is not far off. There's an affordable printer on the way later this year that might have reached the point of quality necessary for 10mm .