Ordering for show collection - what do you prefer?

Started by Leon, 15 August 2021, 05:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

With our new website we've got a couple of different options for how to organise the show orders process, so I thought it best to throw it out there for opinion and feedback!  The previous website had a 'Collect at Show/Pendraken HQ' postal option, which then gave a dropdown list of the upcoming events.  The new site is a little different so currently there are two options:

1. We can setup a similar 'Collect at Show' postal option but in the Checkout you'd need to manually type which show you wanted to collect the order from.  This means that the process remains the same for every event but it does require folks to enter the show info before they proceed to the checkout.  It's easier from our end as there's little admin required.

2. We can setup individual postal options for each event, so 'Collect at Salute', 'Collect at Warfare', 'Collect at Battleground', etc.  This removes the requirement to enter the show info manually, but it does create the potential for a lot of clutter when we've got several shows coming up, so it might make it more complicated to find the event you want.  It's more admin required to add/remove the events before and after each one, but we can also remove the option 7-days in advance to avoid any last minute orders coming through.

So, any feedback or preferences on placing show orders?  What do you like or don't like about other companies methods?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Option 1 would suffice, as long as you could find a list of which shows you will be attending when at the checkout, subject to any Covid restrictions of course.

Orcs

Option 1 sounds good.  You normally put the shows you are attending somewhare on the website. so its easy enough.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fred.

I'd start with Option 1. Should work fine.

But if it ends up causing confusion then you could try option 2.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Apply the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle - so Op 1
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sean66

i think option 1 would be best.
very little admin.
Regards
Sean

Leon

Thanks for the feedback, I've set up Option 1 on the new site now so we'll see how well it works once the shows get going again.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!