A Divided Enemy - A Shadow of the Eagles AAR.

Started by Steve J, 11 August 2021, 04:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Elliesdad

Good stuff Steve.
I thought I'd just added a comment on your blog - but once again I get the message "there was an error". Aaaarghhhhh. Grrrrrrrr.
Anyhow, great figures well painted and first rate terrain. As we say in Yorkshire - it's smashin'.
Cheers,
Geoff

Steve J

Thanks Geoff and your message has just got through :).

Westmarcher

Another interesting 'run out' of these Rules, Steve. Could you clarify what the two dice beside some units in certain photographs were for?  Thanks.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Steve J

QuoteCould you clarify what the two dice beside some units in certain photographs were for?

Black is for Superior units.
Yellow for Inferior units.
White is for hits.
Red is for hits when the unit is Weakened.

Hope this clarifies things?

Westmarcher

Quote from: Steve J on 12 August 2021, 09:12:38 AM
Black is for Superior units.
Yellow for Inferior units.
White is for hits.
Red is for hits when the unit is Weakened.

Hope this clarifies things?

Yes and no, thanks, Steve. As you know, I play Honours of War where the 'requirement' is one die per unit (preferably in 2 colours). I place my dice in dice holders (supplied by Pendraken, of course) which are attached to one of the bases in each unit so that the die doesn't get 'left behind' when the unit moves.  So what I should really have asked is

• how many dice are required per unit in SotE to record hits (and so by extension, how many dice holders per unit) and
  • how many hits a unit can suffer before it breaks (I thought seven was the maximum so assumed only one D6 would be required - one more hit and is there any point in placing a second die if the unit should now leave the table)?
For example, there is a unit in your second photo above that has two red dice totalling seven and another with a yellow die and a red die totalling eight - is the one with red dice 'broken' or will it be if suffering one more hit and what about the yellow/red one? Could you clarify what information the dice are designed to convey in these examples, please? Thanks. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Steve J

The yellow and black are purely to show the units rating, so ignore the actual number on the die. I had planned on making some markers bur ran out of time as it were.

To Rout:
Inferior 6 hits - so one die required.
Regular 7 hits - so two die required.
Superior 8 hits - so two die required.

I hope this clears things up?

Westmarcher

Ah! That's very helpful. Thanks again, Steve.