The Battle of Scheidewegdorf

Started by Steve J, 08 August 2021, 12:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

An AAR of my second game using the recently published 'Shadow of the Eagles' Napoleonic rules by Keith Flint:

https://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.com/2021/08/the-battle-of-scheidewegdorf.html

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Westmarcher

Nice layout, indeed. Thanks for the illustrated AAR and post game thoughts on these new rules. Much appreciated.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno II

Elliesdad

A nice AAR and some lovely MDF figures. More please!!

Geoff

Steve J

Already planning the next game Geoff :D.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dave Fielder

I thought I could smell the MDF aroma coming down the M5. Nice report as usual, at the least the English Summer weather is good for motivating decent BATREPS ;-)
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Steve J

Thanks Dave. Let's hope we can meet up to play a game or two before the Cotswold Wargaming Day, as fingers crossed it will be able to go ahead.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Gwydion

Good report, thanks Steve. I normally play Napoleonics with Volley and Bayonet at a much higher command level than this, having gone bonkers trying to play big battles with stone paper scissors type rules many years ago.

I have an urge to fight smaller battles again however, particularly some of the actions in the Danube valley in 1809 leading up to Aspern and Wagram.
These look ideal for that.

Steve J

For large battles we've found Bloody Big Battles works perfectly and no need to re-base anything, which is great. I would say these rules are perfect for smaller actions along the Danube valley during the opening phases of the campaign. In fact I'm reading Gill's first book on this and there are many small actions that jump off the page asking to be gamed. Hopefully I will be able to do this soon!