Great Wargaming Survey

Started by steve_holmes_11, 02 August 2021, 06:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Gwydion on 08 August 2021, 11:12:09 AM
Chris,

6th - p.55

But... no 'wizzards', though some lizards,  :) and the Magician doesn't do much - 'can add or deduct score of 1-6 die' (?) from reaction of friendly or enemy body within 150 paces and not within 100 pces of unfriendly saint or relic.

Regrettably no sulpher/sulphur is produced by this mage (who does not appear to disappear).

There was talk of a separate version of these 'Fantasy Adaptations' - whether they ever materialised and whether that had the sulphurous disappearing Wizzard I cannot say. :)

I think WRG had the Wizards figured out.

Sure, there are all the old and obviously exaggerated stories about shooting lightning, flying and turning water into wine.

But all the modern examples have rather limited powers.

Geller: Bend one fork, but can't help England score a penalty.
Cooper: Multiply glasses and bottles (useful), but has a notoriously high fumble roll.
Daniels: Hides ladies in cupboards (haven't we all been there?). Handy in games involving drawn cards.

Wizards in general:
    King: Summon me a fearsome beast that will terrify my enemies.
    Wizard: Alacazam - behold sire.
    King: My enemies are not afraid of rabbits.
    Wizard: Give me 5 minutes....
    King: What is that supposed to be?
    Wizard: Unicorn.
    King: That is the queen's riding pony with a rolled up scroll attached to its head. Guards!! Throw this charlatan into the moat.

Gwydion

Chris?
My apologies - Ian.
Can't  write straight on a Sunday morning. :-[

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

In other words: that Chieftain may be faced by a Milan or a Merlin. Both have a range, and a to hit and an attack value. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

John Cook

Quote from: fsn on 07 August 2021, 05:27:26 PM
If you want to use Chieftain tanks then ... (remind me, which war did they fight in?)

Used by Iran during the Iran–Iraq War 1980-88 and by Kuwait during the Iraqi Invasion of Kuwait in 1990.  :)