Indian Mutiny games

Started by alanl, 30 July 2021, 08:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanl

I am thinking of getting some figures from this range. 

Bearing in mind the relatively few set-piece battles in the mutiny, what sort of games are people playing in 10mm and what rules are they using?  I would assume fairly small figure scale (perhaps 1:20 so individual units are quite large).  I do have John Company which are rules produced by TVAG specifically for games set in India.

Also looking for buildings which would suit that scale, ideally stls for 3d printing.

Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated before I splash some cash.

GrumpyOldMan

paulr

When I was considering this period I looked at using a modified Wing scale version of Volley & Bayonet which showed quite a bit of promise

A battalion is represented by 2-4 stands

There wasn't a lot of interest among my local group in the period so this project didn't progress
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

Indian buildings are a glaring gap in the market.

History helps us a little as the Delhi Sultanate, Mughals and various other Muslim Sultans introduced a Persian building style.
This means that Arabic and even some North African buildings can stand in for Mosques and Palaces.
More humble abodes require scratchbuilding.

Also for terrain.
Do not neglect that most Indian of all terrain features - the tank.
A big manmade reservoir, usually rectangular in shape.

FierceKitty

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 31 July 2021, 10:32:02 AM
Do not neglect that most Indian of all terrain features - the tank.
A big manmade reservoir, usually rectangular in shape.

Good point. I must do one of those.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

alanl

Thanks for that.  The Orient Fortress could be a good basis for the Lucknow Residency.

This might also be useful:

[url="https://www.wargamevault.com/browse.php?keywords=Water&manufacturers_id=12025&x=17&y=18&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto="]https://www.wargamevault.com/browse.php?keywords=Water&manufacturers_id=12025&x=17&y=18&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=[/url]