The Hundred

Started by T13A, 22 July 2021, 09:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

Hi

And that's the cricket, not the 'Hundred Days'. Well I'm enjoying it, didn't think I would, but I am.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

steve_holmes_11

Where did they find the BBC B Micro to do the graphics?

Steve J

I haven't seen it yet, but given that we've enjoyed the IPL when we've seen it, this could be good fun to watch, but I dare say SWMBO will watch plenty of the Olympics.

Techno II

Quote from: Steve J on 23 July 2021, 07:23:39 AM
, but I dare say SWMBO will watch plenty of the Olympics.

So will Von !

......Saw the end of the hundred.......good fun !!

Cheers - Phil. :)

Raider4

Don't watch T20 cricket (or even one-day), for the same reason I don't watch 5-a-side football or rugby sevens.

I look at The Hundred and think "Why?"

We already have T20, so why this? It's similar, but tinkered with.

The only reason I can think of is ownership. You know, trademarks, copyrights, franchising and format rights, etc.

I see the bowling side get "a strategic time-out of up to two and a half minutes". Or the ad-break, as I think it should be more truthfully caused.

Steve J

All the shorter formats are to generate more viewer interest in the game, as a decade or so ago, Test matches could end up in long drawn out draws. Nowadays we tend to get a result within 3!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Raider4 on 23 July 2021, 07:38:22 AM
I see the bowling side get "a strategic time-out of up to two and a half minutes". Or the ad-break, as I think it should be more truthfully caused.

Utter cynic - only watched a bit of a T20 game - one in Manchester, on BBc, so no adds. Enjoyed it, much less tedious than Gof, tennis or snooker.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021