Half Timbered German Buildings

Started by Heedless Horseman, 13 July 2021, 04:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

I have often looked at Total battle miniatures, but the postage within the UK seems very high at around 30% of cost. I understand it also includes the packaging and taking the stuff to the post office, but it does seem excessive 

The hamlet is three buildings plus a base costing £28, which is surely well under 2KG. Postage is £8.40 

If you have a village at £42 with 5 buildings the postage is £12.60 making £54.60

They say orders over £60.01 are post free, but if you do try and order say 3 villages the website still adds postage.

Three villages for £126 the postage is £25.20.

Compared to Pendraken who would charge you £3 for 6 of the Escenografia Epsilon buildings, which must be of a similar volume even if a little lighter

Its like they do not want you to order online.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

pierre the shy

Quote from: Orcs on 13 July 2021, 06:15:59 PM
I have often looked at Total battle miniatures, but the postage within the UK seems very high at around 30% of cost. I understand it also includes the packaging and taking the stuff to the post office, but it does seem excessive 

The hamlet is three buildings plus a base costing £28, which is surely well under 2KG. Postage is £8.40 

If you have a village at £42 with 5 buildings the postage is £12.60 making £54.60

They say orders over £60.01 are post free, but if you do try and order say 3 villages the website still adds postage.

Three villages for £126 the postage is £25.20.

Compared to Pendraken who would charge you £3 for 6 of the Escenografia Epsilon buildings, which must be of a similar volume even if a little lighter

Its like they do not want you to order online.

For what it's worth their website does say... at least for UK customers that "UK orders of £60.01 and over will have the postage charges  refunded when the order has been processed.
This is due to automated Paypal ordering restrictions"

But doesn't apply to customers outside the UK......
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.