Who wants freebies!

Started by Leon, 28 January 2011, 07:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mine arrived on Wednesday, thank you very much (sorry I didn't write sooner, been a little hectic round here)
It will get tested tonight on some resin bunkers I need to assemble...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 February 2011, 02:02:09 PM
Mine arrived on Wednesday, thank you very much (sorry I didn't write sooner, been a little hectic round here)
It will get tested tonight on some resin bunkers I need to assemble...

Good stuff, I was wondering if everyone's samples had arrived yet.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

Yep just got mine, thanks Leon, I'm just waiting for some 15mm APCs to arrive to test it on.

Gordon

republic of tolworth

Mine arrived, but didn't make it past the post box until now :-[

Over excited by a livestock delivery ;)

Glue and animals don't mix, well not well anyway ;D
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Maenoferren

I got back from Edinburgh to find a nice little package of Filla-glu black. I will do something with it and do a write up  :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Used the medium/standard and 'powda' over the weekend.
Glue was very very liquid for a 'medium' consistancy, and had quite a large spread from a wide nozzle, (which maybe why the extra thin nozzle for detail work) the glue itself has proved to be very strong, but does take a while to go off. It even remained liquid for about a minute on my hands before drying (as I placed my hand on my face)! But once it does dry the bond is good and strong.
The 'powda' is interesting, it is a fast pouring series of granuals that again could benifit from a narrower nozzle at times. They get everywhere! The idea is that they fill gaps and the glue expands them, this they do well, but I had to spend time experimenting to see whether they need applying first, then gueing or vice versa. I would apply glue first in future, then use them to 'mop up'. They leave a fine grain sandy effect after they have dried, so don't use them on what you want to be smooth surfaces.
Also, I noticed that when you apply inks or watered down paints to it (basing wash) they absorb the paint and spead out again if they haven't been caught be the area glued (i.e. sand and pva mix basing, figure fell off, reattached with the glue and 'powda' applied, left to dry then inked).
Overall, happy with the products, but the 'powda' needed instructions!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Thanks for the info!  Did I send you the 'Powda', that was supposed to come with the 'Wicking', as they need to be used together!  That could be why it didn't go off straight away?

Pruneau

Quote from: Leon on 07 February 2011, 08:57:06 PM
Did I send you the 'Powda', that was supposed to come with the 'Wicking', as they need to be used together! 

:D
Boardgames: MMP ACW, ASL ᴥ BKC & SSOM - WW2 (In development) ᴥ Flying Lead - Sci-Fi: Shocktroops, Pulp, Spugs ᴥ WH - Greenskins, Dwarfs

http://hiording.blogspot.com - http://runequestfun.blogspot.com - http://secondsquadonme.blogspot.com

ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ı əɯıʇ ʇsɐl əɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

nikharwood

Not had a chance to get near mine thus far...I blame the bank fo rmaking me work for a living...will rectify this weekend  8)

GordonY

Well my APCs arrived today and I tested out the FillaGlue on one, sorry but I'm a bit underwhelmed with it. I found it a bit thick and too slow drying, every time I thought it had a good grip I'd put the model down which then promptly fell apart again. I went back to my cheap and nasty Poundland superglue and built the rest of the APCs using that. I'll use it up sticking figures to bases, it cant go wrong with that.

Gordon

Dragoon

Regards

Mike L

Sandinista

Well I've finally used the Filla-Glu Instant LV. I found it runnier than Loctite and Wilkinson’s own brand and due to that i felt i was using more, also as it was runnier it seemed messier as well.

Though importantly it appears to stick stuff as well as the others so I can’t say there is any difference between the three on that.

Looking at prices it may be a good option as it is listed at £4.08 for a 20g bottle whereas 10g of Loctite super glue is £4.28 in Wilkinson.

The Gel Undo, again listed at £4.08. I used it and wondered why, when warm water and/or a scalpel/file works just the same.

I’ll pass both onto R.o.T & Hurrah to see what they think of them.