1879 Pacific war llamas

Started by Trebian, 06 July 2021, 10:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

There are even more now, Mark !!  X_X

I thought my eyes had gone VERY squiffy yesterday....I was getting a flickering in my vision...which usually means the gloop in my eyes has come slightly away from the retinas....This happens from time to time...and it usually clears after a couple of hours...it just wouldn't yesterday !

Then my big desk lamp's 'daylight' tube gave up the ghost...That was what the flickering was. ;D ;D
Pretty good service from those 'tubes'..I've had that lamp for over 30 years...and that's only the second time I've had to replace the tube.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Well......A bit, Ian.....But I've got used to it.....It really doesn't happen that often.

I usually think of it as a 'pain in the bum' that will sort itself out fairly quickly....So it's not 'panic stations'.

Even with the 'sparkly lights' (when it happens) I can still see well enough to push putty around on the wee men.
The sparkly lights are around the very edge of my vision...(It's very pretty  ;D ;D)....But, the 'middle bit', where I actually want to concentrate, is fine.

Staring through an Optivisor, continuously, for hours at a time probably doesn't help.  ;)

Cheers - Phil. :)

FierceKitty

Got the same too, Phil. Have you spoken to your quack about what they can do with a laser to weld the retina in place? You really don't want it to become detached.

I've had the laser treatment myself. Alarming, but not painful.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

I agree with FK.

Your eyes are too darned important.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Go to the opticians Phil, things that people tolerate usually mean they are deteriorating slowly
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

We have tried that before Forbes, he just ignores us.

Techno II

No......(Sadly)....I'm getting to the stage where I simply don't want to know :-[

Alexander  :)......You just can't get to see a quack....and I'm sure it's the same for the whole of the UK.
Nearest I get to the surgery is to see 'nursey', for my three monthly jab.

Closest you can get to a 'proper doc' is a 'triage' phone call.....Where you basically self prescribe medication.  X_X......."Can you 'up' this drug ?"...Thanks !
There really are a lot of folk that are a damn sight worse off than yours truly.....and need the NHS to sort them out, far more than me.

Cheers - Painkillers R Us. :P (I'll get through it...never fear.)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

What Leon, for Phil getting eye treatment !

O Dinas Powys

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )